ESET Smart Security V.6

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by dbailey18, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbailey18

dbailey18 Registered Member

Just thought I would jump on board here and giver a go. I was hoping some one could tell me whether or not a clean install is the way to go or is it ok to install over V.5 ? Will be trying out on Windows 7 Ultimate, and Maybe Windows 8 Pro. Both are 64 bit.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello dbailey18

Normally you can always install on top of a previous version, so I can't imagine other, that this will also be possible with the upcoming release of version 6. (personally I always do a total uninstall of a previous version before installing a new, but that just me.)

Regards, Janus

3. dbailey18

dbailey18 Registered Member

Same here just wondering things change so fast anymore. Thanks for the Info Janus. Mark this one solved !

I also just noticed I posted in the wrong forum !

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Has the final been released or are you talking about the beta? It's still showing v5 on the homepage.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can perform an "over the top" upgrade of ESET Smart Security 6 over 5.2, however, my personal recommendation would be to perform a clean install. The reason for this recommendation is not a technical one, but rather a procedural one:

When a major new version of ESET's software comes out (i.e., going from 5.2 to 6.0, and not a minor version number increment like 5.0 to v5.2), you are going to have a lot of changes in the software, not just in terms of brand-new functionality, but also in improvements to existing features, changes in default behavior and so forth.

When this occurs, I think it is best to sit down and go through the user interface, feature-by-feature, looking at those changes and configuring them to match your needs. That way, you get exactly the feature set that suits your needs best.

That said, when you do upgrade, you will be prompted as to whether to preserve your old settings. You can still do that, and then go through them afterwards to review what has been added.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.