ESET Smart Security uninstalled itself from computer.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by RollerParts, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollerParts

RollerParts Registered Member

Hi

I recently installed Smart Security Home/SOHO Edition for Windows on all 5 of our office computers. This morning I have noticed that it is no longer showing up in my notification bar.

I can't find the program in my start menu, or find any exe files on C:/program. It appears to have disappeared from my computer. All other computers seem to be running fine.

Windows Security center still show computer as being protected reporting "ESET Smart Security 5.0 reports that it is up to date and virus scanning is on" however this is the only indication I can find that it ever existed on my computer, along with some .dat files in an ESET folder in c:/Programs.

I am running Windows XP professional 2002 with service pack 3. The only new change I have made is yesterday I ran a detect and repair function in Microsoft Excel XP using the installation CD.

I am about to try reinstalling ESET Security on my computer but I am worried about a) the same problem occurring again and b) that it will not let me activate as I have already used the 5 licences on the other 4 computers and this one.

Has anyone encountered this/know how to resolve the problem? It's a bit concerning when your security software will disappear with no notification...

Let me know if further info is needed.

Thanks guys

Tess :D

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Did reinstalling help? It isn't a problem with the activation key and you can reinstall on the same or different computer without affecting your license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.