Eset Smart Security Rolling back action

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by WaterBird, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterBird

WaterBird Registered Member

Operating system Windows 7 Home 64 didn't have any other antyvirus program before.

Hello 3 days before i have renew my license but when i did that i had a problem downloading update of antyviruses so i decided to uninstall the Eset ss. In process of uninstalling everything was ok i restarted PC a try to install the eset ss 5 from eset site. I get a roll back action can upload a log file. 2 days now fighting to install it and no luck was using programs:

ServicesRepair_x64.exe
    ESETUninstaller.exe

EAV+ESS_killer.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eset]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Eset Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{6953CFE0-74E6-4DE2-869E-D9ADFB2DC55F}]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\eamon]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\easdrv]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\epfwtdir]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ekrn]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EhttpSrv]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "egui"=-

Deleted all the leftovers that Eset left files and deleting the windows/system32/drivers/ file that eset make still geting roll back i readed some forums and i found a comand line for IGNORE_CONFLICTS=1 i can use that to brut force the installation ? Adding the log file please help !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. WaterBird

Yes i run it in safe mode yes i contacted my support 2 days they are trying to help me nothing work this installation just roll back : / The progress barr is near end end bam roll back : /

Done the commands:

/infcache
    /reinst
    /product=nodv34
    /product=nodv2
    /product=symsep
    /product=symlu

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please carry on as follows:
    - run the Uninstall tool in safe mode (there are many "Zaprogramowano usuniecie pliku C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\*.tmp podczas restartu systemu. Prosze uruchomic ponownie komputer, aby zakonczyc te operacje." records in the current log)
    - start logging with Process monitor
    - install ESS with logging enabled (use the "/lvx* log_name" switch)
    - stop logging by Process monitor
    - compress the 2 logs, upload them to a safe location and PM me the download link

5. WaterBird

You mean , Run in safe mode run the uninstall tool and restart to normal mode and then run process monitor and install eset ??

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. WaterBird

It says. The private messaging system is currently unavailable.

7. Marcos

You should now be able to drop me a PM.

8. WaterBird

I have sended them:

December 18th, 2012
    Files
    03:17 PM

9. WaterBird

Your inbox is full :p

10. WaterBird

Ok You can close the topic SOLVED after 2 days of fighting using eset programs, services fixes even MicrosoftFixIt. The one thing that helped the fix the problem is ComboFix. THX GOD ! Thx for help Marcos

11. Marcos

Ok, glad to hear that :) You can disregard my last message then. I'd appreciate if you could compress the content of the Combofix quarantine folder (C:\Qoobox), upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

12. WaterBird

ESET support told me to run the combofix they discovered from the logs the: from services there is one service missing. It's called Base Filtering Engine and when i look before the running combofix there was no service like that when combofixed my pc it was there. So installed the program and it worked. Thank You for Your help.

Sending You the file on PM :) If You check the logs and i am wrong please msg me back.

13. Marcos

It must have been a secondary problem as there was no indication of a BFE issue in the log. I assume there might have been an issue with permissions and ekrn.exe was not uninstalled / removed completely which was fixed by running ComboFix as well. Glad it's all sorted now.

14. WaterBird

I think You are right because in logs there was some info about ekrn.exe errors. Well one way or another it's fixed thx for help ! merry christmas and a happy new year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.