Eset Smart Security Purchase

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sg09, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I've decided to purchase Smart Security from an online shop. As per instructions there I will receive the boxed CD/DVD within 2/3 days. But my question is will the license be activated as soon as I purchase or on the date of activation? And how long is the shelf life of of this product.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    Good choice regarding the choice of Antivirus software, ;) . The license will be activated as soon as you install Eset, not before. Whit the license key from the boxed version you are always abel to update to the newest version of Eset for free anytime. So maybe the box version of Eset is a earlier version but the license key is still active.

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks Janus! After trying almost all AVs in the market, I have conclided to ESET because of its proper balance of detection, system impact, user interface, customization.
    Anyway, Will the license be written in the CD cover or somewhere in the pack or just a retail version that has license included in it (that I have to activate)?

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi sg09
    Sorry for the long response time, but I have had some homework this afternoon....unfortunately ;)
    I don't know were in the boxed version of Eset the licens key is, (i use the downloaded version) but maybe another Eset user can answer that part of the question.

5. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

sg09,

The license key is on a label on the inside of the cd case. You have to activate it on Eset's website. After activation is complete your subscription starts.

6. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

@Janus: Thanks for responding and no problems ;-)

@cgeek: Thank you very much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.