ESET Smart Security install problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by meandu, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meandu

meandu Registered Member

Hello,
    I can`t install ESET Smart Security Business Edition 4.2.71.2 (64bit). I did a clean Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64bit install, did all Win Updates and the ess4 install does a rollback after driver istallation. Tried everything. There is no other security software installed, win firewall is deactivated, win defender is also deactivated. I have administrator rights, used eset uninstaller in safe mode but the same error occures every time. Any idea how to fix that?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello meandu and Welcome
    I'd suggest you contact your local Eset suspport for troubleshooting the issue.
    For that purpose it may be a good idea to create a log file to further troubleshoot the reason for the rollback. Here is a link which give the direction to how to create a log file that Eset Customer Care can use : http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN406

Regards

Woodgiant

3. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

As suggested, do a logged install. After you run the uninstaller in safe mode, you might want to delete all files/folders and regkeys associated with the install, but can be left behind after running the uninstaller. To do so:

Open device manager and click View > Show Hidden Devices. Expand non plug and play drivers, see if ehdrv or epfwwfpr exist. If they do, right click and uninstall. Delete the Eset folder from the following directories:

C:\Program Data\Eset\
    C:\Program Files\Eset\

Open the registry and delete HKLM\Software\Eset. Check C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers for the following files:

epfwwfpr.sys
    ehdrv.sys
    eamon.sys

Remove them if they're still there, then restart. See if that helps.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.