Eset Smart Security Damaged by Open Cloud Security virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by petef, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petef

petef Registered Member

I cleaned this WinXP computer of the Open Cloud Security virus but afterwards Eset Smart Security was damaged and unable to run properly. I tried uninstalling but that failed giving me "permission" type error messages about various ESET folders the uninstaller it was unable to access. Same thing when trying to reinstall.
    I solved the problem by booting to a Puppy Linux live CD and deleted all the offending ESET folders. I was then able to reinstall Eset Smart Security.

ESS is working fine now except I get an error message when attempting to SAVE a new a scheduled scan setup. I believe there are Eset registry keys that have had their permissions restricted by the Open Cloud Security virus. I say this because during the initial failed uninstall process it was reporting certain registry keys as not able to access due to "permissions".

Any suggestions?

---pete---

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. petef

petef Registered Member

I ran the Eset uninstaller in Safe Mode, reinstalled Eset Smart Security in normal mode and all is fine now. Thank you very much!

---pete---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.