I am having a problem with my new laptop and ESET Smart Security blocking my Hotmail webmail through Thunderbird and was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar problems and knew a fix for it. I have a new Dell XPS laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate. When I first got it, I installed both Thunderbird and ESET Smart Security on it with no problems. To access Hotmail through Thunderbird both the webmail extenstion (1.3.2) and the Hotmail extension (1.2.18 ) must be installed. For about 4 weeks this worked beautifully with ESET Smart Security. But then I had a catastophic Vista failure and was forced to reset the machine back to factory settings, in other words, back to square one. But in rebuilding the machine, ESET will now no longer allow Thunderbird to access my Hotmail webmail. I have two different accounts coming into Thunderbird. My work e-mail can move in and out with no difficulties, so it's not a question of allowing Thunderbird through the firewall. My Hotmail can send out, but it will not even look for it when you ask for it to download the hotmail. In the bottom status bar you see 'Connected to local host...' for about 1 second and then it simply disappears. No error or anything. The settings for webmail through Thunderbird are Pop3 - port 110, SMTP - port 25 and IMAP - port 143. All are running. I've tried a few things. If I go into services and set ESET to manual instead of automatic and then reboot, Thunderbird works fine. Until you restart ESET. If you completely uninstall ESET, Thunderbird works fine. When you download the hotmail webmail, you get the same 'Connecting to local host...' in the lower status bar, but this then actually asks for a password for the account. Reinstall it, and Thunderbird will only access one of the two accounts and again doesn't even seen to recognize that webmail is there. It's definitely something having to do with ESET Smart Security, not Thunderbird. I'm getting quite frustrated, and I really don't want to remove Smart Security because it's a good product, but I'm starting to get to that point. But first I wanted to ask some of you much more knowledgeable users if you were aware of a fix for this problem. I've seen other people on line who have this exact problem and not one of them had a solution suggested to them to resolve it. Thanks to any and all who can help!