ESET Smart Security Blocking Windows Updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Australasian, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Australasian

Australasian Registered Member

Hey,

My problem is upon my wifi connection being connected, I can surf the web, access email, update adobe & autodesk programs, basically everything, but I cannot update windows vista which shows an error code 80072F8.

To access the wifi connection, I manually connect to the public network and then open Internet Explorer 7 which takes me to the host page to type in my user name and password. Upon confirmation the page redirects to my homepage.

My other laptop works fine running vista but has norton 360 and updates windows fine.

At the end of the day a setting (somewhere) in ESET Smart Security is not allowing windows to update, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

What's the exact wording of the entire error message please, and if you are on a wired connection is it the same?

Thank you,
    BFG

3. Australasian

Australasian Registered Member

Through a wifi connection:
    Windows Update
    Error Code 80072F78

Through Dial-Up or Lan no Error Code just automatically connects to windows update

Issue Resolved Itself

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.