ESET Smart security beta 5 firewall alert?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by devy, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devy

devy Registered Member

I installed it 2 days ago and since then the ESET firewall giving me DNS cache poisoning attack and ARP cache poisoning attack notification many time.Last time i used ESET Smart Security 4 in February but i didn't get any firewall alert.
    How to know the notification is true or false?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I also get this notification from time to time. Based on the analysis of a Wireshark log we came to the conclusion that it's not a false positive but actually a sort of attack, even though not caused intentionally by an attacker, another person or malicious software. If you'd like me to confirm that the alert is ok, create a Wireshark log with the network communication captured while the attack is being generated / detected, compress it along your Firewall log exported to a text file, upload the archive somewhere and PM me the download link.

3. devy

devy Registered Member

I found how the problem orginated, teller mistypped my internet billing so my internet connection became shared internet connection.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.