ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 v3.0 Release Candidates available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Using AV RC1, problem still exists that tag does not appear on all incoming emails.

Attached Files:

2. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Been working on mine, checked out RC1 and still getting double tags:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    on new release, rc1, to check it out.

__________ Information from Eset Smart Security, version of virus signature database 2544 (20070921) __________

The message was checked by Eset Smart Security.
    http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from Eset Smart Security, version of virus signature database 2544 (20070921) __________

The message was checked by Eset Smart Security.
    http://www.eset.com

3. RoseDreamJ

RoseDreamJ Registered Member

ESS RC1 updated and is running fine here. I like the info and options available via right-click context menu in the Firewall status page.

License valid until info:

I noticed that this line was absent until ESS made a successful virus definition update attempt. Perhaps this info is not displayed until triggered by the first successful update query?

Mail Tagging:

I haven't been following the mail tagging threads. I had previously assumed these options only pertained to Outlook /Express/MS Internet Mail. Now that I can choose my email app in the Pop3 settings, I have message tagging enabled for all messages with the subject line tagging sub-options disabled. These settings don't stick for me nor does ESS add either message body tagging nor subject line tagging.
    Email Client: TheBat
    POP3 Compatibility: medium

Suggestion:

Can we have the advanced settings and permanent rule password protection cached for like 1 min.? If not, no biggie to me. I'd rather be inconvenienced than have security at less than Eset standards.

Another great set of updates...kudos Eset!

4. bledd

bledd Registered Member

hey eset guys

been using your software for a few years, one thing that is missing for me is the ability to right click the nod32 tray icon and select Disable AMON, Disable IMON, Disable all protection like in avast! and most other av packages

when copying loads of files (that i know aren't infected) it's handy to be able to disable amon when i'm copying

hope you're willing to implement this :)

cheers

5. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Same old install problem !
    If I don't disconnect (PPPoE) prior to install I get this error :

error.JPG

I had this problem with all previous beta's and I still have it.
    This time on a new PC and a clean first time ESS install. :'(

6. crotale26

crotale26 Registered Member

when ESS will be available to the retailer ?
    is ESS ready for vista 32b ?

thanks

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

When completely ready for this - when the product is ready and when the company is ready to start serving it , the Marketing Dept. start presenting it. Since it has reached RC , I personally give it no more than 30 days prior to final release and ready to buy

Yes , it is .

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

You asked before - I answered it. Do you write questions to read and get answers, or do you just write them for no reason?

9. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Clean install with (essbeta) shows valid uitil 1-11-2007. Using my valid license...nothing showing. Putting essbeta back, and the license info returns (1-11-2007)

Ik laat het wel zo voor nu :D (I'll just leave it for now)

For the rest, this RC version runs very nice :thumb:

10. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Just for the fun.....Did another clean install with essbeta as user/pass, but no way it's showing!
    Think it's time to call in the white coats! Ik laat het nu ook wel zo, maar blijf het heeeeeel vreemd vinden. De een wel en de ander niet.
    (I'll leave it for now as well, but find it a very strange thing, one user has it showing and the other doesn't). o_O
    Are you running XP or Vista?

11. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

XP SP2

Btw;

I just run 4 eicar test files. Under Protection Status / Number of detected attacks, its shows 4 :thumb: But how do you clear that list. I deleted the items from Quarantine :blink:

12. p51d007

p51d007 Registered Member

download program virus scan?

Will the RC version allow for the trigger of a download program?
    I use FF, and the plugin download statusbar. With the 2.x version of NOD
    I can trigger it to scan a file after it is downloaded (paranoid).
    Can't seem to get it to work in the 3.x beta.
    Just need to know if this is more likely a fix that the developer of the download
    status bar program will have to fix/add, or will Nod have the ability to trigger
    remotely to scan a file after it is downloaded.

13. crotale26

the answer i had, isn't accurate enough.

now it is

Thanks

14. OAKside

OAKside Registered Member

Yarr. Other than Vista-exclusive BSODs with uTorrent (which may/not be fixed with RC1) I'm now pretty darn satisfied with ESS. Everything has looked, felt and functioned beyond expectations for a security suite, while staying lean and living up to the NOD32 name. Thanks for opening up your latest and greatest for testing at Wilders, it's been a very pleasant experience. (For what's it worth, you've gained even more of my respect and admiration for it.) Hope it was as worthwhile for y'all as well, looking forward to ESS's retail debut "when it's done." :)

15. Tantawi

Tantawi Registered Member

QFT. I'm impressed with such beta quality.

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: download program virus scan?

Yes, use ecls (the command line scanner) to accomplish that. For a list of available parameters, run ecls.exe --help

17. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

+1 to disable/shutdown option

Otherwise generally enjoying ESS experience. Keep up the good work guys.

18. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

I have been using RC1 of the Standalone Anti-Virus for the past 24hrs and have found it works really well for me.

Regarding the licence information, I have found that the essbeta info showed the date, with my licence in it did not, and reverting the licence back to the essbeta it re-showed the date. Strange - but nothing major!

Seems like a solid product, and that Eset's hard work is paying off. :)

19. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Seems to me that the only realy remaining "issues" with the product are the firewall issues I have been reading about.

Im happy :)

20. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

that's not a bug, it's due to the NDIS filter installation, it terminates all active connections

21. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Right, this is not a bug, it's how the OS and NDIS filter installation work.

22. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Minor issue with the AV. Not sure if mentioned. I ran a standard scan. The log summary states 0 infected, 0 cleaned. If I double click on the summary line to bring up the log detail, the log detail does not display 0 infected at the bottom.

23. crotale26

i have the same trouble
    "license valid until 01\11\2007"

24. Neoxellos

Neoxellos Registered Member

First I like to say great job Eset! I like your security suite wich isn't bloated. Just AV, ASpam and firewall, all I need in a sec.suite. And what's even more important, no (noticable) system running slower. Nice new interface (the old one was a little windows 98 ).
    Some minor points:
    *This morning at startup windows (vista64) security centre didn't recognize the firewall. It did recognize the AV but according to sec.centre Eset reported firewall was disabled? But it wasn't in Eset protection status. After rebooting again problem was solved. Don't know if this one comes back though.
    *In antispam module I see total number of checked messages 5. In AV e-mail protection I see checked 14?

25. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

In Tools, logs......clear the log file. Sorry, wrong advise, doesn't clear the detection list.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.