Eset Smart Security 5 wont remove...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ov3rwatch, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ov3rwatch

ov3rwatch Registered Member

[Solved] Eset Smart Security 5 wont remove...

Hi All. No idea why this is happening but i will now never use an eset product again. This process has been worse than uninstalling any antivirus i have ever had the misfortune of removing. i was switching from avast (which uninstalled without a hitch) to eset smart security 5 and installed the trial on a few test computers and now im screwed into this. eset now WILL NOT remove from my system i receive this error running the official uninstaller:

Capture-eset.PNG

The program doesnt show up in windows add remove dialog (which is i believe expected for security but now its a real pain)

Perfect uninstaller wont remove. the nod32 removal tool didnt work

I cannot delete the registry keys manually following a guide for manual removal because i get this error:

Capture-eset2.PNG

and i cannot delete the eset program files i get the generic permission denied message. Ive been fighting this pain in my $^%$^%$&%$* for 3 days now and am so done with this. oh and i cannot end egui.exe as it restarts instantly and i cant stop the ekrn.exe service from running. nothing ive googled and read so many guides run so many programs and nothing has worked. My deepest apologies if i have come off as abrasive but i am seriously at my wits end here with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other possibly pertinent info:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64 bit Operating System
    Have right click uninstall from the eset-sm-sec5x64.msi installer still nothing
    any other infos you need feel free to ask.

Thanks In Advance,

Ov3rwatch

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. ov3rwatch

ov3rwatch Registered Member

That worked perfectly. thank you. why that article isnt the first result in google is beyond me. I searched 15 pages of results deep and never saw that article until you posted this. that made it so much easier. safemode run it. painless. please make this article more obvious, because it would have saved me 3 days of headaches and a bad experience. The odd part is i installed the trial on 4 computers (small dj company) 1 had 32 bit machine and the start menu uninstaller worked fine. the 3 64 bit machines all had this problem. perhaps a bug? anyways Truly appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Ov3rwatch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.