eset smart security 5 slows down my computer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by maaster, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Update should start after activation. In my case, it is slow download and finnishes after 5 minutes.

2. varunit

varunit Registered Member

Hurray.. i finally installed ESS 5 without any problems, and updated to latest defs.. :)

3. maaster

maaster Registered Member

I found out the problem.the problem is with the OFFLINE installer.inow i deleted all norton registry keys to avoid error 1....and tried the live installer...now live installer works fine and installed completely..........and the system doesn't slow down......now i have one new problem.....after restarting my taskbar and start menu changes to classic menu type.......but in properties it is not in classic.....how to overcome thiso_Oo_O??

4. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

geez....seems to be so many problems being posted about ESS 5. Such a shame as it was a very good product some years ago. Does everyone remember NOD32?! Good times!

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

That's beacuse people without problems don't usually make forum posts :cool:

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Too-she! I couldn't agree more with you. And when you compare the number of ppl who have problems to the actual total global users who don't then it's an extremely small number.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

NOD32 is still around you know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.