Eset Smart Security 5 have Serious bug(chinese edition)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ScoScorpio, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoScorpio

ScoScorpio Registered Member

When I installed Eset Smart Security 5,everything is OK,but when I restart PC,The OS has been stopped in the welcome screen,Can not enter the desktop,Finally, I can only enter the safe mode uninstall ESS 5.Exchange Eset Smart Security 4,everything is OK.Many people have this problem,They also can not enter the desktop.
    my OS :windows 7 sp1 32bit

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling automatic real-time protection make a difference?

3. ScoScorpio

The OS has been stopped in the welcome screen,I Can not enter the desktop,I can not enter the system, only in safe mode。。。

4. Marcos

Ok, so try renaming C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\eamonm.sys in safe mode and let us know if it helps.

5. DarkAvenger

DarkAvenger Registered Member

6. awesomeapp

awesomeapp Registered Member

This method really worked! Thanks!

7. Marcos

This is not a solution, I just wanted to confirm or deny that the issue is related to the real-time protection driver. Renaming the driver will effectively disable real-time protection which is the most crucial protection module.

8. awesomeapp

awesomeapp Registered Member

Yes, I figured. And there is actually a tiny chance to finish log on process before I changed the file name. Not sure about the real problem tho.

9. ScoScorpio

This method really worked.my friends have same problem,they all use win7 X86 system,when they renaming C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\eamonm.sys in safe mode,it really worked.other people tell me,they use win X64 system, everything is ok.

10. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Like Marcos said before, this is not the solution, but just a step to make sure where the problem is. By renaming eamonm.sys you basically disable your protection.

11. GED4555

GED4555 Registered Member

hmm i hope this helps but this happened to me but a little differently, i have slightly modified my winlogon.exe so i could have a picture everytime i log in, what happened with me is i was not stuck at log on screen instead i could go on my desktop but i could not open any programs, i could go in C Drive and go in folders but could not open. im taking a guess that the problem why this happen might be the Policy Base mode, but i dint check it cause i did a system restore in safe mode.

12. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

In order to run programs in the policy based mode, you need to create some allowing rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.