ESET Smart Security 4 License

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tjg79, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

My ESET SS version 4.2 Beta indicates my license is about to expire on 2/28/10. I get a yellow icon that indiates "Maximum protection may not be ensured" due to the soon to expire license.

I purchased a two year license on 3/20/09 so my license expiration date should be 3/19/11. I've contacted tech support and they've indicated that there is no license expiration for the beta versions which appears to be in conflict with what the program is indicating. Tech support has not been very responsive.

I originally installed ESET SS version 4, but had compatibility issues so tech support suggested I try version 3 until a new update is released. I ran version 3 for about nine months and tried version 4 again with out success. Tech support suggested version 4.2 beta and I've had good success with the beta version.

What is likely to happen when the ESET SS 4.2 beta arrives on the indicated expiration date? Is tech support just blowing this off? I expected a better response from ESET Tech Support.

Has anyone else experenced this issue?

Regards to everyone.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You may browse the Licensing FAQ's

Please post back if you should require further assistance.

3. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

Thank you, but I don't see where my issue is addressed on the Licensing FAQs.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello tjg79,

I have sent you a PM and would like to look into your customer record to assist you.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Are you sure your are using your own combination of username/password in the ESS 4.2 Beta and not the provided one which anyone can use?

6. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello tjg79,

Brambb has a valid post. Check the username and password settings. Delete the current username and password in the product then enter your username and password from your license information. After doing that, make sure that you click on update so that the change is communicated to the update servers and give at least a day for the product to show your actual expiration date. Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
    Richard

7. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

Thanks guys.

I followed the procedure as indicated above and my ESET SS v4.2 beta now shows my license expiration date as 3/20/11.

I don't recall ever using the beta public username and password. I've always copied and pasted the license information from the license info email. The beta program may have automatically loaded the public username and password when I upgraded from ESET SS v3 and I didn’t notice, because I wasn’t prompted for the username and password.

Whatever the case, it's good now. Thanks again.

Regards

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

The Beta program is proving to be a learning experience for all of us.

In the end, despite the issues with license validity and so on, it will end up being a better released product for all of us.

Regards and thanks for your feedback - one less problem to deal with and on with Beta testing. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.