ESET Smart Security 4.0.437 high ram usage when downloading many files at one time

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by artins90, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artins90

artins90 Registered Member

Whenever i download more than 6 or 8 files simultaneously the ram usage begins to rise till reaching full capacity. My system has 2 GB of ram and after downloading for 1:30 - 2:00 hours the ram fills up reaching 1,95 GB and my system becomes unstable. The weirdest thing is that when it reaches full capacity the system doesn't see my NIC anymore and the connection drops. Even when the download is over the ram usage doesn't drop and the only way to empty it is to restart the PC. I tried to remove the antivirus and it worked, the problem didn't occur anymore. I love ESET is the lightest anti virus I've ever had but it can get very heavy at times :D i hope you will fix this problem.

P.S. I'm running windows 7 but i have the same problem on vista.

2. artins90

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's probably a known issue with WFP on Vista SP2 and Windows 7 is affected as well. Read this thread for more information, everybody expects Microsoft to release a hotfix soon. Downgrading to v3 should work as an interim solution as v3 doesn't utilize WFP.

4. artins90

Thank you for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.