ESET Smart Security 3.0.667 released

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Marcos, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

I am looking for a business trial. Is it available? I'm changing home servers and I uses 2k3.

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

@Marcos
    Are you saying that its not necessary to update and in a while we will get an automatic update??

Ruben

3. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Well I tried to install on top of my previous version on Vista Ultimate x64 and the installer closed my Windows Explorer and it wouldn't come back after install, I had to do a hard reset. Not very impressive. Just doing a scan now.

4. tosbsas

@marcos

any comment -will there be an update why automatic updates? Cause so far 567 runs great here

Ruben

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, there will be an automatic program update released within this year. Don't worry, we will release it only when we are sure it won't cause problems to existing users who've been running an older version fine.

6. tosbsas

great

Ruben

7. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

hi,
    the ESS 667 BE ENU is working in my Vista BIZ (32bits), but, can't work on a XP computer... the problem is the same as older ESS versions...
    the XP is stop working for 30minutes...
    I think that is a network problem because if i remove UTP cable, windows XP works...
    i am reporting this issue in the last 3 months by e-mail and still don't have a solution...

can you help me?

8. guest

guest Guest

Installed version 3.0.667 and PC boots fine but getting BSOD (0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) when i login. After restarting it would still BSOD after logging in.

Had to reboot into safe mode and uninstall Smart Security. Gone back to 3.0.650 and everything is back to normal.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  9. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

I might have actualy, two of my 64 Bit XP computers here have started giving 1E stop errors on reboots.

it happens just after you log in, the NOD32 Splash screen shows, and then at the point where it's supposed to go away, it BSODs.

10. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Is it possible to send us full memory dumps from such events? PM me if you're willing to do so. Thanks.

11. guest

guest Guest

Would you settle for a Kernel memory dump instead, a Complete memory dump is not available for machine with more than 2GB RAM. It can be enabled in the registry but its gonna be a really large file.
    If not i guess i could limit the RAM to 2GB or less using msconfig.exe.

Been in touch with ESET support and waiting to hear from them.

12. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Full memory dump please with less ram if possible. It can be zipped then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.