ESET Smart Security 3.0.667 released

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Marcos, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.667 has been released in English, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Croatian and German. Other language versions will follow shortly. This release contains the following changes:

- improved stability for Microsoft Windows Mail users
    - improved reinstallation / upgrade process
    - improved Antistealth to detect new kinds of rootkits
    – fixed delay issue when opening files from network

Licensed users can download their registered versions here from the Download section of ESET's web site.

Even though reinstallation over an older version is fully supported, those who have been experiencing issues may want to uninstall the current version first and install the new one from scratch.

In the case of any persisting problems, try deleting the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security" folder (on Vista it's "C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security") after uninstalling the previous version and prior to installing the new one.

Regards,

Marcos

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Installed on both my desktop and laptop, right on top of old version, and as before there isn't/wasn't ANY problems. You do have to update the defs after installation to bring it up to date! :)

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

4. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

Great, I've just updated it too. I can't really see the differences. I'm running a full scan now though, to see if it missed anything earlier.

5. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Hooray! first time I have been able to upgrade over the top without having to uninstall everything, well done ESET

6. jhuk

jhuk Banned

Cant believe it, the same damn 100% CPU bug.

Later I will do a total clean install, if its the same Im back to .650 forever.

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

8. jhuk

jhuk Banned

Thanks, I do know how to totally remove ESET but it was not needed all the way up to and inc build .650.

The last 2 builds have a serious issue not even mentioned in the release notes for this new build.

I will try 1 clean install, if same I will run this "Inspector" tool and get info for you.

Then I'm back to .650.

All I can say is the 100% CPU use is not as often as the previous build and I'm on vista 64 Ult BTW.

9. Marcos

If someone observes high cpu utilization by ekrn.exe, please try setting the real-time protection to scan only files with default extensions (those that casn potentially carry malicious code) instead of all files and let us know about the result.

10. ingber

ingber Registered Member

What is the URL to (re-)download 650?

Thanks.

Lester

11. jhuk

jhuk Banned

12. ingber

ingber Registered Member

13. jhuk

jhuk Banned

The Trials for all OS state .650 for me.

Unless I install it now (cant be bothered) I wont know if the info on page is outdated and the Trial is newer.

What build does the Page actually claim to have that I linked you too (you may see it from a different server to me as I'm in the UK).

14. ingber

ingber Registered Member

jhuk;

I followed your link, gave my email address & info, and then got their link. Yes, it was likely for the US. I wouldn't lie about my location.

Lester

15. jhuk

jhuk Banned

Hmm, I never gave any info to get the Trial.

Here try this : ~removed download link from unknown site....Bubba~

I HAVE NOT checked its deff .650 but the ESET site claims it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008
  16. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Folks,

Let's stick to the Eset download sites for Nod versions and not place unknown links in our posts Please.

Thanks,
    Bubba

17. jhuk

jhuk Banned

The unknown link is my PC, since he cant grab it I set up a HTTP server for him.

18. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I can appreciate that jester and suggest you two chat privately concerning that link.

Bubba

19. Eagle2000

Eagle2000 Registered Member

I have just uploaded ESS Build 650 for you here is the link

~removed download link of unknown contents....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  20. Handries

Handries Registered Member

No problem installing this new version, although I first had to uninstall ESS 3.0.650, as I was using the Dutch language version, which does not seem compatible for direct reinstalling. From now on I will stay with the English version, as this is updated more frequently it seems.
    This new version is working marvellously, and have no problem with CPU overload, as reported by other users.

21. ingber

ingber Registered Member

I got an ESET notice that Eagle2000 posted a URL outside of ESET where he placed 650 to download. When I looked at that URL the file had been removed.

I'm surprised that ESET cannot provide a copy of 650.

Just this morning, after a reboot on my Thinkpad a31p XP Pro SP3, using version 667, ekrn.exe consumed 100% CPU for 10 mins 30 secs, with about 10 of secs fluctuating down to 40-70%. This is same problem many people have had with 657.

Lester

22. OLDXTECH

OLDXTECH Registered Member

I see that 667 is now available. I am on 650 and never got a message about either 657 or 667. It would appear that not getting the message was a good thing due to the problems stated since 650. Based on this, it would appear that I should NOT upgrade until an official notice from ESET about some future upgrade.

Am I correct in my assumption to wait until ESET contacts me? [Everything is working fine now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!]

Thanks. Jim

23. Marcos

Hi Jim,
    basicly new versions fix some problems that have been reported by the users in the mean time. An automatic program component update will be released after a thorough testing.

24. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

Is 667 also available on business edition?

25. Marcos

Yes, of course. Both Home and Busesiness editions are always released at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.