ESET security "Unlock code" doesn't work - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Lottiplott, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lottiplott

Lottiplott Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed ESET to my LG P500 yesterday, and when I turned my phone off and the on just now, I have to enter an "Unlock code". The problem is that the code I stored when configuring yesterday doesn't work, and I don't have the Phone=>PC-cable available. Is there anything I can do?? o_O :'(

2. bhcjoe

bhcjoe Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. I have was leaving for vacation when I received notice on my phone that EMS was locked and to use my password to unlock. Since I have only been using the beta version on my Atrix android for a couple weeks, I never registered and now can't unlock. I am into my second day on vacation and need the password. I have registered under "bhcjoe" and am asking for help to unlock the phone!!!!

3. Muttz

Muttz Registered Member

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

My unlock code doesn't work either. My tablet is now a useless brick. And no one is answering questions here.

Once I get back into this tablet, this software is going!

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Muttz

Muttz Registered Member

Thanks. Yes, I have contacted support.

Someone suggested in an earlier thread to go in through adb and delete the .apk. That doesn't work, it won't allow you in. It can't see the device. I booted into recovery mode and typed adb devices. It does see the device, but of course, I can't execute any commands.

I am using the Overcome Rom with clockwork mod recovery. I can access recovery mode. I wonder if I can wipe this, but since it is security software, I might not be able to.

I opened a thread on XDA Developers. Maybe someone over there can help.

P.S. To the developers: This is a known issue. WHY wouldn't you pull the download until this is fixed? ESET users are very loyal. Anyone who uses your software loves it. This is terrible publicity for your company! Especially since most of your advertising is word of mouth!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  6. rekun

rekun Registered Member

Do a factory restore and then your good to go

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah then a factory reset will normally delete all your personal info including contacts....not cool

8. Muttz

Muttz Registered Member

Sorry, I think that I accidentally got you into trouble.

I phoned tech support and they just referred me back to the forum. I told them that the forum referred me to them. I told them that they were fixing this.

They don't have a clue. The first guy wouldn't tell me anything. I got a supervisor and he advised me to boot into safe mode and uninstall the app.

I'm running clockwork mod with the overcome rom, which made things worse. I don't believe that there was a menu option on the stock Galaxy Tab to uninstall an application in recovery anyhow.

No sense in getting angry with the tech support guys. They haven't had any training and they're frustrated too.

So, it's trial and error. Wipe is the last option because I need to clear out whatever cache this POS program uses. I believe it's a data cache.

Will post the results when I'm done.

9. Muttz

Muttz Registered Member

Had to wipe it. No way around it.

This is ridiculous. This product is now in the release candidate stage and it doesn't sound like this has been fixed even now.

It's too bad. Why this company would want to trash their reputation like this is beyond me. I'll probably still use ESET on my computers but I won't touch this with a ten foot pole on a phone or tablet again.

Thanks everyone.

10. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Hmm, if you were running CWM, did you try booting into recovery and removing the app through ADB?

11. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Simply post your problem and the lack of help on the Android Market under Eset mobile to deter new users.

12. amppcguru

amppcguru Registered Member

I had the same problem... Had to reset to factory... :-(
    I also See they finally removed this crap from the Apps Store...
    & Was going to leave a scathing review but now I can't...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.