ESET requires my attention Tray pop up

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by julio99, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I have been getting this pop up in my Notification tray area that states,:ESET Nod32 requires my attention. Click this area for more information. 2 days ago I sent in a ticket to eset with said problem and they sent me the workarounds that they have listed in their Knowledge base articles. ESET asked me to return a log to them which I did and they sent back a request that I uninstall fully using ESET uninstall tool and reinstall the newest version. I did all that and I was thinking to myself this is good no more pop ups. I ran a Smart Scan and right when it finished there was the good 'ol pop up again. When I put my money into a security product I expect it to be fully functional. I don't want little performance issues that the makers seem not to care about because they never get fixed. I dropped Bitdefender for the same reason. They wrote me back and told me not to worry about it because it had nothing to do with the security issues. Goodbye Bitdefender. A finished product is supposed to work right and if it has bugs they fix them on the fly. his bug seems to be lingering. I'm using Windows 7 x64 Home Prem. If there's any kind of permanent fix please let me know. If not I have unti July before I have to decide on a new product or renewal if it's fixed.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

which version are you using?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure you're using the latest version 5.2.9.1 downloadable from ESET's download page.

4. julio99

ESET Nod 32 Antivirus 5.2.9.1

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hmm I have not had any ghost popups since ive upgraded to 5.2.9.1
    did you do a clean install or upgrade?

6. julio99

It was a clean install all the way. I even used the uninstall tool to take out the old version.

7. nzmc56

nzmc56 Registered Member

I did an in-place upgrade to 5.2.9.1 and have had one "ESET requires your attention" popup. Not as frequent as 5.0.9.5.

8. julio99

Don't you think there should be 0? I had this problem with BitDefender a while back. They kept putting out their product before they had all their bugs out of it. I kind of feel the same way about this. I know it's not a big security issue, but we paid good money for this and I'd like it to be 100%. Enough ranting.

9. FicmanS

FicmanS Registered Member

Same thing here as well, not as frequent but I've seen it pop up at least 1 time

10. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i noticed here those popups when software - in most cases grafics software like viewers, photoshop aso. - start something in fullscreenview or check/screw desktop settings.

5.0.94.0 (for reason due sandboxie issues)

11. julio99

That I'm sure is the reason for the workkaround to disable Gamer mode when running applications in Fullscreen view. Actually the box says Enable, but if you uncheck it becomes disable. I hope I'm not confusing you there.

12. julio99

I still have an ongoing ticket, (Hopefully) on this matter and if so I will post back if anything other than old news becomes available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.