ESET Remote Administrator Server Update Procedure

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by dvdempire, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvdempire

dvdempire Registered Member

I downloaded and update for the Eset Remote Administrator Server and went to install it, but it looked like to me that it was installing the software like it was new - not just updating it. What is the proper update procedure for the server?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello dvdempire,

That is the correct method for receiving the latest build of ESET Remote Administrator (ERA). ERA does not update like the ESET Antivirus products do. When we release a new build for ERA, business customers have the option to download and upgrade their build by installing the latest version.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Richard,
    Thank you for your reply. I, like dvdempire, would like to know what is the proper way to install this new version; update, to ERA? o_Oo_O
    Is it a remove old-install new? o_O
    OR, a
    Load NEW version Over top of old? :oops:

And I do not yet use V4 yet.......;)

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Cosmo32,

For ESET Remote Administrator (ERA), you can download and install the latest build over the current build that you have installed on your machine. You do not need to perform an uninstall. This will give you the latest and greatest. :)

If you plan on upgrading ESET Smart Security (ESS) or ESET NOD32 Antivirus (EAV) from a previous version to a later version (i.e. from version 3.0 to version 4.0), we recommend uninstalling the previous and then installing the latest. Performing an uninstall and then an install in this situation ensures that you will have a clean copy of the ESET security product on your machine. :thumb:

Thank you,
    Richard

5. dvdempire

dvdempire Registered Member

So the policies and groups we have set up will remain or do we have redo those? Is there a way to export/import these things?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.