ESET Remote Administrator Server for Linux

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by jmcvay, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcvay

jmcvay Registered Member

I manage a mixed Windows/Linux environment and I would like to relocate ERAS to a linux (debian/ubuntu) server. I don't have a great deal of experience with WINE, but I don't believe it is possible considering ERAS runs as a service which isn't supported. Has anyone had any experience with this matter?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Currently the only way to install Remote Administrator is on a windows computer. We do not have separate installations for Mac or Linux. However, your Linux client installations can check in and be managed by a Windows installation of ERA.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Matt

3. jmcvay

jmcvay Registered Member

Thanks Matt! I'd still like to hear from those of you who have come up with workarounds, or even things you've tried. I've considered toying around with VMWare ThinApp and then running that through WINE, but that's several layers of virtualization and I don't know the ins and outs of ThinApp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.