ESET Remote Administrator Programming Guide!

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by davidpmp, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidpmp

davidpmp Registered Member

Hello,
    I need to write a add-in for ERA server or console for new events when clients start or finish updates and when new viruses is detected by ESET.

please Help me,
    Thanks in Advance,

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no API for ERAS available.

3. davidpmp

Hello Macros,
    Thanks for replying disadvantages of a popular AV.
    I think SOPHOS is leader in administration for organizations(small, medium and large business). unfortunately, ESET and some other AVs have not support to provide API for any type of business. in this disadvantage you have to loss more than one organization. in my organization we have 300,000 Computers on the Network and need a customizable Administration toolkit. we have to decide which AV can protect our network. we will to choose SOPHOS.

Thanks and regards,

4. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

You have an "API". You can poll on DB for Changes ;)

If i had to decide between API of Remote Administration und good detection rates... That would be an easy decision ;)

BTW:
    You have the possibility to launch external scripts and programs on custom events

Could you please provide a bit more information about the sophos-api?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. davidpmp

fortunately or unfortunately:D, SOPHOS designed administration package(Sophos Enterprise Console) with more responsible technologies such as .NET framework and COM. so, we have more control on events of Console.
    [BUT] ESET is designed fully private assemblies! it's not a professional behavior!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.