Eset Remote Administrator Console question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Miketurner, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miketurner

Miketurner Registered Member

We deployed a Nod32 package to alot of our domain workstations (XP SP3) using the Eset Remote Admin Console, however in the package created the technician did not complete the section about communicating back to the Eset Console (Under ESET Kernel > Setup >Remote Administration).

As a result we see no clients in the console so cant see the status of, or manage any of them etc. If I try and deploy a new package with the correct settings over the top then that doesn't work and the old settings seem to remain on the client. If I manually uninstall NOD32 on the client and redeploy the correct package they will appear in the console..

So.. Is there any way of making the Console search for the network for machines with NOD32 running and getting them to appear under clients. I really really don't want to go and manually uninstall NOD32 on 600 machines!

Seems I have posted this in the wrong forum could an Admin move it?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Not 100% sure this would work, but click the "Remote Install" tab at the bottom right.

Then click to "Find unregistered computers". This will bring up a list of all computers on the network not currently connected.

Maybe this will help you to push a correct install or adjust the settings for those systems.

3. Miketurner

Miketurner Registered Member

thanks for the suggestion but sadly that does not work.

Looks like I'll be manually uninstalling.

Surely this is a feature that Eset should consider putting into the software..

4. spm

spm Registered Member

When you push out your new install I suspect that the NOD32 installer does nothing, since it believes the version already installed is the same as the one you are pushing out.

In any case, you don't need to go around the workstations manually uninstalling. You can use ERAC's Remote Install page to uninstall packages centrally: click on the Install button, then select the "Uninstall Eset Security Products and NOD32".

That said, this shouldn't be necessary. Create a configuration task in ERAC (using the Task page), and have it push out a new configuration (to all workstations) which specifies the new settings you want to push out, leaving all other settings untouched.

Oh, and don't forget to fix your main package's configuration so future installs complete as expected.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Merging a registry key with this in it should do it:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\Profiles\@My profile]
    "RAClientEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "RAClientServer"="YOUR RAS HOSTNAME OR FQDN"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.