ESET RAC to become an update server

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by dsi-ap, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Since v3 I have not been able to point clients to the RAC as an Update server.
    I have anumber of clients that do not update as they have no direct access to the internet and hence are not receiving the nod updates.
    How do i fix the RAC to allow client to conenct to it to recive the updates?

Sorry if this has been asked before, i have had a look in the past through docs and forum but was unable to find an answer answering this question.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

enable mirror in console:

tools > server options > updates > tick Create update mirror, provide update files via...

then you have to point your clients to the mirror folder, under update server : http://servername:2221

3. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Thank you for the swift response, appreciated.
    Will give this a shot!

4. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

I am getting the following error:

Using the fully qualified domain of the server runign rac, i.e. http://server-name.domain.com:2221

I will switch to an IP for the server and see if i can retrieve updates this way from a client.

[UPDATE] using the server ip still get same error.

Any ideas where i am goign wrong.
    I also noticed there is no \UPDATE folder been created!

5. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you put your username and password in tools > server options > updates?

the update folder is called mirror and its under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\

6. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Thanks, i didnt have my user/pass setup. The mirror folder is now populated with all the update files and my clients are now updating via the RCA.
    TY all :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  7. NK_80

NK_80 Registered Member

Hi I'm new to this forum....i'm having some problem when try to push install
    v3.0.672.0 to few clients from RAC. The console showing access denied. This problem occur only for few clients. Others are ok. We are using v3.0.669.0 before. Any ideaso_O Thanks.....

NK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.