ESET NOD32 v3 file server connection troubles

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rinzwind, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinzwind

rinzwind Registered Member

I installed NOD32 v3 antivirus on a file server in april 2008. This week the company had lots of intermittent IT problems. MS Office crashes, problems with the ordersystem, problems with a MS Access database. Also the server became unresponsive. No network connection possible anymore. I first suspected the network (dropped connections) but this wasn't the case. After I removed NOD32 from the server things went okay. I tried to install it again but next day some problems arrived again. The database folders were excluded from scanning. So I removed it again. This server is also a terminal server for some people.

So what's going on? NOD32 is also installed on the workstations. No problems there as far as I know.

Windows 2003 Standard 32 bit

2. Encrypted

Encrypted Registered Member

I am glad I am not the only one having this problem. I have been having the exact same problem on 3 different Windows 2003 Domain Controllers on 3 different Domains. This problem is only in version 3. Version 2.7 did not seam to be a problem.

The Servers seam to get progressively worse over a number of hours. After a reboot (hard reboot because I can not even log into the console) they seam okay for a few hours, then slow to a crawl, and eventually become completely unresponsive. I read something about turning off IMON, but it did not give an explanation of simptoms so I am not cinvinced that this is the cure.

I have removed the software and the Servers are running perfectly for a week now. However, last week was extremely stressfull. One of the server is located in a city 6 hours away. Made for an interesting last weekend.

As with rinzwind I am having no issues on hundreds of workstations I have the software installed on.

3. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

What version did you install? .650. If so get .657 installed.

We had the same issues before upgrading to .657 . Now running with no issues on our W2K3 Enterprise R2 servers.

4. Encrypted

Encrypted Registered Member

I will check my versions and upgrade if necessary. I thought the software was supposed to upgrade to the newest version automatically?

5. dwood

dwood Registered Member

Only if Eset issue a Program Component Upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.