ESET NOD32 v12

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FanJ, Oct 23, 2018.

1. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello to All:

I am truly okay with all the priceless tips on ESET's B&PP et al. However, much of the recent posts are off topic per the (ESET NOD32 v12) title of this thread.

Just a suggestion: Ask a forum Admin to consider editing this topic's title only to "ESET Products" or whatever for our non-members or infrequent lurkers.

If no, that's okay too. Just sayin... Cheers.

2. ABaird3

ABaird3 Registered Member

Regarding an error opening Banking Protection with Firefox as default browser. I was forced to reboot to resolve the loop of pop-ups about Firefox instances. However, I went to my bank's site in plain Firefox, and got a screen asking me if I want to open protected browser, I clicked 'yes' and it opened BPP and worked fine. So perhaps a resolution might be to go via the browser, rather than directly into BPP. I'd post on Eset forum but I'm not a member, and this fix may just have been a fluke for me.

3. itman

itman Registered Member

4. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I wnder about the connected network, since it warns that "network is set to public do you want to scan?" so public means no inbound allow, if I use the connected network functionality it will allow some inbound with trusted devices, I only wanted to do a router check like f-secure router checker does or trend micro housecall second opinion scanner (network scanner module), these routers now become main concern as they are attacked more often than in the past

I guess it only warns because scans could be interpreted as attack if it found someone else's router

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Version 12.1.34.0 released

For the changelog go to https://www.eset.com/int/home/internet-security/download/
    Go there to the advanced download option.

Changelog
    Version 12.1.34.0
    Fixed: Issues with opening BPP secured browser
    Fixed: Main GUI opens upon reclassifying message as not spam
    Fixed: Main GUI does not remember size and placement after closing
    Fixed: Dialog windows do not fit into window
    Fixed: Various localization and minor functional bugs

I got it offered. Reboot required as usual.

Although I don't see it yet announced at the Eset News, it is mentioned here:
    https://support.eset.com/alert7234/ That article was just updated today.
    At the moment I don't see it mentioned in an official thread at the Eset forum, but there is already post about it:
    https://forum.eset.com/topic/19208-eset-version-121340-have-been-released/

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Thanks @FanJ! Offered and updated through product update.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Updated. No problems, but wasn't having any before either.

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

We had a little discussion about "Deep behavioral inspection" when version 12.1.31.0 was released. For example here:

FYI, I just got a new module: Deep behavioral inspection support module: 1068.1 (20190321)
    Well, I know that not everyone gets module updates at the same time (I believe it is called something like staggered release).

=====

Now waiting when firewall module 1387 gets out of the prerelease updates channel and into the mainstream updates.
    See https://forum.eset.com/topic/19197-incorrect-ethernet-packet/page/4/

10. itman

itman Registered Member

I just enabled prerelease updating and received both the new firewall module plus the deep behavioral inspection module. I also posted in the "Incorrect Ethernet Packet" thread on the forum that it does indeed resolve the issue.

11. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks itman for confirming that the "Incorrect Ethernet Packet" issue has been resolved with prerelease firewall module 1387!
    PS I'm not on the prerelease update channel (used to have it enabled years ago).

12. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Just a quick FYI:
    My Firewall module was updated to 1386.4 (20190418)
    It's not yet 1387. I know what Marcos posted about that one at https://forum.eset.com/topic/19197-incorrect-ethernet-packet/page/4/ :

13. itman

itman Registered Member

My best guess is this is a patched ver. to only correct the invalid Ethernet packet issue. Only removing the IDS fix I stipulated in the Eset forum and examining the Network log for invalid Ethernet packet entries would verify if this module update fixed this issue.

-EDIT- a poster on the Eset forum has verified the issue is resolved with this module update.

According to @Marcos, ver. 1387 is a major upgrade to the firewall module to correct a number of other issues. I have been running it for a few days with zip issues.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  14. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks! Just saw that post over there now.
    (maybe Marcos, or someone else from Eset, could confirm it here or there on the Eset forum)

15. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Upgrade necessary due to code signing certificate replacement
    https://support.eset.com/ca7304/

16. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi @itman,
    FYI : my firewall module very recently updated from Firewall module: 1386.5 (20190510) to Firewall module: 1389 (20190510)
    This is on regular release updates (no pre-release).
    I thought I should let you know because we previously talked about it. I don't know whether you are still on pre-release updates.
    I also don't know whether those issues, about which @Marcos talked, are now fixed.

17. itman

itman Registered Member

The problem was fixed in 1386.1.

18. klarm

klarm Registered Member

guys, is it possible somehow to set ESET in interactive mode during/before the installation when using offline installer.
    I tought that offline install will solve this but I still need to go online to verify my serial during which time I cannot access settings to set it to interactive mode and all the apps/programs have unlimited access to the net.
    this option was there in old versions if I'm not mistaken. I don't know why they would remove something like that.
    thanks.

19. itman

itman Registered Member

No. The product hasn't been fully installed. As such, how could you set the firewall to Interactive mode? I also believe that if Eset was installed in trial mode, it still requires Internet access to record this status. Also during the off-line installation, Eset is downloading the most current modules, signatures, and the like.

My best guess is that during installation, Eset is blocking all network communication except to its own servers. Remember that the Win firewall will also be disabled as part of the Eset installation.

Questions like this need to be asked in the Eset forum.

20. klarm

klarm Registered Member

you didn't understand me. I can unplug LAN cable. go install ESET and if it would still have option for setting interactive during install, after installation and first restart I would have functioning FW with interactive mode after which I could connect LAN cable and verify and update ESET product.

21. itman

itman Registered Member

I understood you. Appears you didn't understand my reply.

Eset offline installers are created when a new product release is created. As such, the installer expects and requires an Internet connection to be active to successfully complete the installation. Again, this is to download the most recent Eset components that have been introduced after the offline installer was created.

As I posted previously if you have an issue with this, post it in the Eset forum.

-EDIT- According to this Eset KB article: https://support.eset.com/kb2885/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US , you should be able to install Eset using the off-line installer w/o an Internet connection. What the article doesn't state but I suspect is you will need to enter your existing or newly purchased license key to do so. Once the installation is completed, you should be able to import your previously exported settings or switch the firewall to Interactive mode. Then enable your Internet connection.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  22. klarm

klarm Registered Member

imediately after installation of offline installer you are asked for key verification, and you re unable to access eset settings until you do so. and to verify key you need to go online. that's the whole problem. cheers.

23. itman

itman Registered Member

OK. Now I am following you. Again, ask in the Eset forum. One explanation for this behavior is that Eset has recently "cracked down" on using pirated versions.

24. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Arbitrary file rewrite by unprivileged user in ESET products for macOS fixed
    http://support.eset.com/ca7312/

25. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Eset Internet Security product update offered to new version 12.2.23.0.
    Restart required.

Version 12.2.23.0
    • Added: New Telemetry settings collected from our users
    • Added: Scanner logs
    • Added: Drag and Drop capabilities to Quarantine feature
    • Added: Cryptocurrency wallets (BPP)
    • Added: Option “Disable Keyboard protection” (BPP)
    • Added: HTTP2 support (BPP)
    • Changed: Windows XP is not supported
    • Improved: Graphic elements in GUI
    • Improved: In browser blocking in Parental control / Web Access Protection
    • Fixed: Various functional and localization bugs

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.