ESET NOD32 for Mac seems to hang up rsync

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SandorL, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandorL

SandorL Registered Member

Hi,
    I tried a couple of times to start an rsync operation, but it does not get anywhere (no echo but the command line), and Activity Monitor shows the only action in the system being esets_kac and/or esets_daemon using either or both of my CPU cores fully.

Actually, I had similar issues with Google Chrome developer/canary versions earlier this week. There the software itself was also buggy, but I could not find out why the main activity should come from NOD32.

Thanks for any help!

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi SandorL,

What version of ESET are you currently running? Please make sure you're running the latest build (4.0.69) and see if the problem persists.

Thank you.

3. anwes

anwes Registered Member

Hi,

I also have this problem. Suddenly, don't know if somethings triggs it, the esets_kac process max my CPU, and when it does, internet no loger works for me, I cant load any websites.

This problem started when updating to latest version (4.0.69.0). Have reinstalled the program but didn't help. Only solution I find is to quit the process.

What does this process do, haven't found any info.

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi,

Do you also have this problem when starting an rsync operation?

As you said, the problem started after upgrading to latest version. How did you upgrade? Did you uninstall the previous version before installing the new one? Could you please uninstall/reinstall and see if this makes a difference?

Please follow these instructions:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2554

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.