ESET NOD32 Business Editon 4.2.76 on Windows Terminial Server 2008 RD2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ell87cam, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ell87cam

ell87cam Registered Member

I've installed ESET NOD32 Business Editon 4.2.76 on four Windows Terminial Server 2008 RD2 that are being used by a total 100 users. (25 per TS).

The users are complaining that the TS are slower since i'v installed NOD32. Indeed, the ESET kernel is using a lot of CPU resource.

Is there special configuration available for Terminal Server ?? Or any tips??

Btw this the specifications of the TS servers:

Intel Xeon E5620 2,5 GHz
    6GB RAM
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Editon

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling real-time protection or http checking in the advanced setup make a difference?

3. ell87cam

Didn't try that yet. But i'm trying to keep the security as high as possible, so disableling the real-time proctection don't look safe to me.

4. Marcos

It is necessary to narrow it down to a particular module, hence I was asking. Perhaps you could try it when users are not logged to TS to minimize the risk they would run something malicious.

5. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

One thing I do in TS environments is delete the registry startup key for egui.exe (under HKEY Current User), otherwise you have a separate egui process running for every user who logs on.

6. ell87cam

Deleting the registry startup key sounds good, so i'm gonnan try that.

1. I'm running a 4 server with 25 uers each, there no way that i'm gonna shutdown the real-time protection.

2. Why buy a virus a virusscanner if i'm realtime protection is'nt necessary??

7. rekun

rekun Registered Member

The solution was not to permanently disable the security. It is only a way to figure out what part of the AV is slowing things down. Try to disable it for a few minutes, and see if it fixes the problem, and then report back here.

Also deleting that registry key might help. Or you can just add /terminal(look in the manual)

8. ell87cam

Ok true there!

If real-time protection is the source op problem, what would be the next step??

9. ramirez1

ramirez1 Registered Member

10. Marcos

If disabling real-time protection helps, generate a Procmon log and supply it to Customer care for perusal. You can also upload it somewhere and PM me the download link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.