Eset Nod32 AV 6 Updating

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by zl1killa, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zl1killa

zl1killa Registered Member

Windows 7 x64 up to date as of 2/24/13

See attached images for eset version.

I got update errors for nod32 regarding database out of date multiple times, so I did a check for PRODUCT Update (**Not AV database update) and sure enough I was on an older version. Updated and now it is again telling me the virus database update ends with error. See event log file.

I have absolutely no issues with internet connectivity or other applications updating including Java, Adobe, and Malware Bytes within the day.

I then had a notice in Windows Action center, so I clicked it and told it yes I trust this program. It still will not update AV 6 to the latest supposedly. Is the database being updated/worked on or something? I will see if both of my other computers have the same issue. (*currently issue is on ASUS G50V laptop). All other computers are windows 7 64bit

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      78.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      235 KB
      Views:
  2. zl1killa

also, it downloads the ~31mb update file, starts updating and errors at part 6 of 8.

3. black_harry

black_harry Registered Member

Hi,

Wierd issue, but have you tried to remove ESET Data Updfiles content?
    On my computer location is as follows: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Updfiles <- remove all files from there and try to make manual update again. Does it helps?

harry

4. zl1killa

pavilion_alex, thanks. sometimes simple things work. I uninstalled, rebooted; then shutdown, and powered back up. downloaded the installer and installed. it immediately updated and worked fine.

5. well one reboot is more than fine, no need to shutdown and start it after a while. ;)

6. PsionicWiz

PsionicWiz Registered Member

Im having the Same issue here for the past week. Tried both mentionned options, the reinstall worked for the first initial update if I manually force to check I receive the same error again

"UPDATE INFORMATION IS INCONSISTANT"

7. er34

er34 Guest

Try to uninstall the program, then go to Safe Mode with Networking, manually find and delete ESET lefovers in X:\Users\~username~ and in X:\ProgramData\

Then get from ESET KB site their ESET Uninstaller, run it in the same Safe Mode with Networking mode.

Finally, reboot back in Normal mode and reinstall the program with the latest version 6

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please carry on as follows:
    - create a Process monitor log from an attempt to update
    - create a SysInspector log
    - export your ESET Event log to a text file
    - compress the content of the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\updfiles" folder
    - add all *.dat files from the ESET install folder, the event log as well as both logs to the archive
    - upload the archive to a safe location and PM me the download link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.