ESET NOD32 Antivirus False Positive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cicely, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicely

Cicely Registered Member

Dear ESET,

This is Cicely from IObit (www.iobit.com).

Your program ESET NOD32 Antivirus report our iobitToolbar.msi (it's the iobitToolbar setup file) as a variant of WIN32/Adware Toolbar Dealio application and iobittoolbar installation file iobitToolbarIE.dll in C:\Program Files\IObit Toolbar\IE\4.4 as a variant of Win32/Adware.Toolbar.Dealio, ApplicationUpdater.exe in C:\Program Files\Application Updater as probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Toolbar.Dealio, SearchSettings.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Spigot\Search Settings as a a variant of Win32/Adware.Toolbar.Dealio. This toolbar provided by our supplier yahoo is absolutely clean without any threats. Here are the virus total scan results of the four files.

~Virus Total links removed per Policy.~

We have contacted ESET via filling online feedback and email since early May but without get any response. So we want your forum moderators will help us to report this issue to the staff in charge of this issue and solve it as soon as possible.

Thanks very much in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

I don't think those are false positives.The first link that you given is already undetected by ESET.Pls kindly wait for the experts.

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Cicely,

I'll send you a PM.

Thank you.

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Cicely,

As I mentioned to you privately, virus lab confirmed this is not a FP.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.