ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and ESET Smart Security 5 beta available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Marcos, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

That's the one...

2. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

I installed several of the msft updates/downgrades (it's debatable) today without a hitch. Didn't try the two that were to help SP1 install because I got SP1 a while back without problems. I wonder what's different, I have System Updates set not to check.
    Win7x64pro, ESS_5.0.65 x64

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

After the reboot, the system came back on and rebooted twice on my pc, before the updating got past 33%, I thought it was stuck in a loop. but they had installed when it came back up for the third time.
    I don't have eset v5, so maybe there are issues with windows update?

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Had the same problem. Win7 X64.

Tracked down that it seems to be web access protection that is teh module causing a problem. If I disable web access protection updates work fine. Also if I switch svchost into active web browser mode in ESS 5 then updates work fine.

5. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

comeon ESET, you have the best heuristic scanning engine, now is time to apply this proven technology while applications are running

6. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  7. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I have some info about some Windows Update not installing

I don't use NOD32 5.0 yet, but I do use the current 4.2 version.
    On 04.28 I tried installing some new updates for Windows 7 x64 from Microsoft and all but two failed with reverting settings back after reboot.
    The failed ones were:
    KB982018, KB2492386, KB2522422, KB2515325.
    Windows Update error code: 80071A90
    What helped was starting system in so called "clean restart" mode.

This helped and I was able to install updates with no problems. I did not try to further pinpoint the cause or what was preventing successful installation, but apart from NOD32 I have no other security suits installed.
    Thought it might be connected to what you are experiencing.
    Yesterdays updates installed without problems though.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I reckon seeing a post with a request to ask for a permission before an application is run but can't find it at the moment. Just to let you know, this can be accomplished easily by creating a new "ask" rule and selecting the "create process" operation on "Target applications" tab. Every time a new application is run, you will be prompted to allow it.

9. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

maybe more bugs.
    i enable AH in "Realtime File System Protection" & disable AH "Newly created & modified files" & "executed files"
    1.ESET 4.2 will detects unknown malware that already there when i open malware file folder or i select the malware file. but ESET 5 Beta do nothing at all.
    2.ESET 5 Beta detects unknown malware when i execute the malware and pop-up show "cleaning by deleting - quarantine" but its not actually delete the file until restart. (ESET 4.2 did fine - no restart required)

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  10. osip

osip Registered Member

Hello, installed Ess Beta yesterday but my beta activation fails.
    "Product activation ended with error because specified email has already been activated on this computer."
    vsigns 6056 from 20110419

11. Marcos

No problems with this, v5 behaves exactly as v 4.2, ie. the file was detected and I was prompted for an action after opening a folder with the malicious file.

12. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i sent some youtube link for you about these bug. pls check your pm

13. Magidco

Magidco Registered Member

شكراً
    هل يتوفر باللغة العربية
    Thank you
    Is available in Arabic

14. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Eset Smart Security 5 beta frooze my system up making it completely unresponsive. I was trying to use Opera when ESS 5 beta gave me 2 prompts to allow communication for Opera with the internet. I was able to tick remember my decission on the first prompt, and allow the action to create a rule. The second prompt froze my system not allowing me to tick remember decision to create a rule. I was unable to allow or deny Opera's request to communicate with the internet. My PC was completely unresponsive at this point, and the prompt from ESS 5 beta was also not responding. I was able to reboot my PC without doing a hard shutdown after waiting several minutes for all processes to shut down. I'm using XP Pro X32 I reported it as a possible bug. Is anyone else having issue with Opera, and ESS5 beta?

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Opera is working fine now that I was able to create firewall & HIPS rules. It was during the rule creation process that locked my PC up earlier.

16. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Marcos - I'd like to try the beta5 on my PC that is having the 'Genberal Compiler Error' problem, but it is the Business Edition (4.2.71)...

Can I install this beta of v5 on top of my current 4.2.71 BE, then install the beta of the new BE of v5 on top of the Home version later? Or should I just wait?

Thanks, hearing good things about v5, even in its early beta stage...

17. Marcos

Even though installation on top of v4 is supported, I'd recommend performing a fresh installation, especially in the case of Business Edition. Remember that the home version will not install on servers nor update from a mirror.

18. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Can anyone answer my question,please.Thanks.

19. Cutting_Edgetech

Is everyone running the updates from the Admin account? Maybe we need to make a detailed comparison of system stats to see if their is a common denominator here. From what I have read so far its not just with one OS. I wish i could help, but I have not had to update yet since installing ESS 5 beta.

20. Hagla007

Hagla007 Registered Member

Is it set a release-date of Beta 2? I heard something about next month?

21. Marcos

What kind of issues are you personally having that you can't wait for another beta build?

22. Hagla007

Hagla007 Registered Member

I have no issues. I'm just curious since I've heard rumors about a new beta-release already in next months, and I can't understand why you guys release it so fast when it runs so smooth with me. But I do understand people use more or other programs than me, and people who is searching for bugs, etc. :p

23. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

From the day this issue popped up here I've been wondering if it's a msft issue and not an ESET one. I say this because;
    1. I was able to install the ^s that I wanted.
    2. Microsoft has been putting out ^s for a couple years "to adress problems with installing updates or service packs" that I've never had. I never install those ^s.
    3. I do maintain my rig from the admin acct. Anything else from a ltd acct.
    4. I've wiped, re-formatted and re-installed windows a hundred times in the last decade because ^s took some sort of functionality away that I needed or liked.

Disclaimer Here: I think I said previously that I do believe folks are having this issue, if not I'm saying it now.

Could it be possible that I did not have this problem because there are a few ^s for Win7 x64 Pro that I did not install?

Did any of y'all with the Microsoft Updates not installing issue have automatic updates in Windows enabled?

Strangely the evening that this all started I had to manually update ESS because it couldn't do it on it's own. It took clearing the update cache to get ESS to the right signature.

24. piranha

piranha Registered Member

didnt find where to set this options o_O Is it already in beta version or it is to come o_O

25. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You don't need to set this option, it's by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.