ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and ESET Smart Security 5 beta available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Marcos, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Got the same thing....

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Upload the file to VirusTotal.com to see if others detect it :thumb:

3. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

I dont't want black and white!
    I want like version 4.2....very soft.
    Like this
    http://i54.tinypic.com/a0yxlg.png

4. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

@nodyforever

You were right, they did release the beta this week. Good :ninja: job buddy :D

6. ESS3

ESS3 Registered Member

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you confirm that v4.2 detects it fine?

8. ESS3

ESS3 Registered Member

I do not know. o_O :p ;)

9. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I have got two suggestions which might further improve the usability:

* how about an option to enable/disable the 'Gaming mode' by right-clicking on the icon on the task bar, for example above 'Temporarily disable protection'? Now you first have to navigate to the 'Setup' tab, or enable auto detection of full screen application in the advanced setup tree, which might be complicated for novice/average users.

* how about providing a quick link on the 'Computer scan' tab under the link 'Computer scan setup...' to schedule an on-demand computer scan? So that it opens the scheduler, automatically selects on-demand computer scan, so the first window which users clicking that quick link see would be the window with 'Task name' and on what interval the task should be ran. This might also increase usability for novice/average users.

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Bump.

11. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Being as you're so adament about this issue, the way I see it you have three options:

Either accept the way the beta is, use the ctrl g option, or keep version 4.2. Hope this answers your question!

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable submission of files or keep it enable it. Now that ThreatSense.Net has gone cloud there's no sense in confirming what's being submitted.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  13. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I would like to see an update button on the right-click popup on the taskbar.

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Thanks for your explanation. I hope the option will come back as it's a good system to find new malware, but I am currently beta testing a program and signed a NDA and Eset wants to submit it and with 4.2 I could block it from submission but now I have to completely disable it :(

15. xan K

xan K Registered Member

Awesome! I'll try this and post my results. Thanks!

16. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

If you use the Tool Cloud-Powered Reputation to display my running processes and their reputation, in the list also sysinspector.exe is displayed (having a red person icon with the number 1 next to it as number of users). But I don't have the SysInspector process running on my pc at this moment (task manager), how is that possible?
    Also why doesn't it display any reputation data on, a which I think is a common process, chrome.exe?

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

FYI. I just checked, and SysInspector is not on my list with an red alien/person :)

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  18. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Posted screenshot

Attached Files:

19. ESS3

ESS3 Registered Member

Marcos
    Computer scan -> SysRescue and ESS v5.0.65.0 no checks Boot Sector MBR! 100%.
    :)

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

back trying it and so far all is well.

21. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

ESS 5 Beta...making your competition look bad! This is a very smooth beta so far!

P.S. trjam...I am not following you!

22. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

23. stevan4

stevan4 Registered Member

24. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

He did that on purpose just to see if the AV would detect the threat.

25. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe Eset needs to add some rule sets for the HIPS for automatic mode, and interactive mode. How is automatic mode meant to be used? Is it only meant to be used after the HIPS is ran in learning mode to learn your systems behavior? Interactive mode would also be useless without any rule sets if it has to ask the user about every safe action executed on a users machine. It seems to have no white listing at the moment. So automatic mode would offer no protection since it would allow everything that does not specifically have a rule set, and interactive mode would give you a prompt to allow or deny every action executed on your machine without a rule set even if it was a well known safe action already white listed by almost all HIPS. Is there any plans to include white listing or rule sets in the final release or is it left up to user to custom enter all rules, and / or for the user to run Eset in learning mode until it learns your systems behavior? I do realize this is a beta so I was hoping basic white listing rule sets will be released before the final build is released. I guess I could always run ESS HIPS in learning mode until it learns the majority of my systems safe actions, and then run in interactive or automatic mode. I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get back I'm going to give ESS 5 beta a spin to see if running in learning mode will enter populate a good white list rule set for my system. If that works then I could run in automatic mode or interactive mode with a very good extra layer of security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.