ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.642 released

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Been using this version for a couple of weeks but a couple of days ago I got a BSOD. Easdrv.sys was at fault (0x0000001D). It happened while I was downloading via uTorrent (1.7.7) and Opera (9.26). OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. If there is more information required, I'll supply it.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Night_Raven

Any idea how this dump file will be compressed via WinRAR? Because I'm on a traffic/volume based interent (don't ask why) and every MB counts. Wouldn't a Kernel dump be enough?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , it can be rared/zipped as usually but this will not make it so much smaller . Kernel dump may be enough , may not be , it depends . ESET want complete one and that is why I suggested that.

If I were you , I'd burn the complete memory dump file on a CD and send it to ESET Support dept via the regular snail mail (may be old-fashioned and slow way but would do the job)

5. Night_Raven

Hm, the way you describe it it kinda seems that the efforts to fix the problem would be more trouble thant the problem itself.
    I'll set the debbuging option to kernel dump and if I get another BSOD I'll send it to the support team. If it's not enough for some reason I'll see what I can do about that complete memory dump.

6. Night_Raven

Sorry for the double post but just wanted to mention I solved my problem - I switched back to v2.7. I suspect EAV 3.0.642 was causing problems with Opera too - after a BSOD Opera "forgets" customized buttons and toolbars and reverts to its defaults.
    I'll wait for the next v3 build and pray it works fine. If it doesn't, well... I guess I'll wait for the next one.
    Needless to say I feel disappointed with v3. Don't get me wrong, I like NOD32 in general quite a lot but if all the issues remain untackled, I might switch to another product when my license expires.

7. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Is 3.0.642 already available in a Dutch version?

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

9. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Mmmh, an english Version 650 ? What's new and where are the german Version ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.