Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sch1sm, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sch1sm

Sch1sm Guest

Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

My father and I both use Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus, himself on his laptop and myself on my Workstation all in all I feel very confident with the protection NOD32 gives our systems without the burden of "heavy" packages such as Symantec or perhaps McAfee. I decided to run detection tools on his system earlier this afternoon, and the first scan I used was NOD32 - No issues as "per usual" but I know with Security you can never be complacent so I updated his Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Definitions to the 8th of July 2006 and scanned his system. It produced a dialer within an application called "The Groove Machine" for Macromedia Shockwave. I quarantined the file and it's going to be submitted for Eset as soon as my father boots his laptop later this evening but after running Spybot Search & Destory also as well as a-Squared, both of these produced negative results. Issues? Perhaps. Eset NOD32 certainly didn't see it as a threat. I visited the page on Lavasoft's website to read the threat just now, it's slipped said mind. The file extension was .asx which was unusual. :shifty:

Update - F-Secure Identify this is as Coloumb Dialer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Re: Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

if you do no have "potentially dangerous applications" checked, then these spyware items will not be shown in a normal scan.

Just make sure you have run through the extra settings thread here - and you'll probably increase the effectiveness of your NOD32 protection system:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

The asx extension is associated with Advanced Stream Redirector files which does not sound that it could carry a malicious code. To make sure I'd suggest that you submit the file to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.