ESET Mail Security: Method to determine which mailboxes are protected.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by jcpro, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcpro

jcpro Registered Member

Hey,

Is there a method to determine which mailboxes are protected with Mail Security?

I purchased 40 mailbox licenses but I have 51 mailboxes in AD. How do I know which ones are protected and which are not?
    Running the EMSX_verifymailboxcount.exe tool just pulls a list of mailboxes from AD (not useful).

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

There is no way to determine this, and eventually the ESET product will not protect any mailboxes, as it is only allows a 42 day grace period, once it detects a license violation.

Try to remove some mailboxes, or also you can contact the ESET Sales Team to acquire more seats to accommodate your total number of mailboxes.

3. jcpro

jcpro Registered Member

This seems like a huge oversight on ESET's part. Why would any administrator *not* want to know which mailboxes are protected?

From a cost savings point of view it's completely logical to have user mailboxes protected and non-user (internal only) mailboxes not protected. The fact that ESET is now randomly protecting whatever mailboxes it chooses without disclosing which mailboxes are in fact protected is absolutely terrible app design.

Very disappointed. My thoughts on recommending this to clients has changed.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, internal mailboxes are not included in the mailbox count
    2, all mailboxes are protected, even if you're getting a warning that the number of protected mailboxes has exceeded your license so it's not true that ESET for Exchange would protect random mailboxes
    3, after exceeding the 42 days of the grace period during which a warning about excessive number of mailboxes in use has been reported, EMSX will stop protecting MS Exchange and a severe warning will be displayed in the main UI and a pop-up bubble, reported to the system Event log and to ERAS as well to make you aware of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.