ESET Launches BETA Versions of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by quanzi_1507, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I'm sure you know what happens if you add A LOT of features?

The product becomes Bl...ware. And that's not what we want.

Though I can let you know that I got at least 4 more modules in the module list so Yes they have added something. :rolleyes:
    Even so this version feels lighter and snappier than version 4.2!

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I am not impressed. ESET has been declining every single year over the last three years. They are at best a mediocre vendor these days with a product of average detection results.

Also, on a side note, do they provide a product which is the most expensive on the market but is still average at best?

3. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

You may think that nowadays there are many AVs can do better than ESET but I believe ESET can continually giving great protection and detection to us.I am so sorry if I am a bit out of point at here.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

What I like about this release is that there are loads of changes NOT visible to the users. For some reason ESET doesn't feel the need to put new fancy names in the GUI in contrary to other vendors.
    For example there have been quite some changes under the bonnet: in internet protection, more cloud infrastructure, reputation data, automatic HIPS (there are different modes) with predefined rules (we don't know them yet though), advanced antispam and optimized startup procedures.
    The more visible changes: GUI and usability improvements (licensing, advanced setup tree for example), Gaming mode and parental control, better handling of removable media.

5. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

my beta login didnt not even work 24H :p

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

The download was flawless and runs smooth so far!

7. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

Running great here... :D Light & Smooth so far :)

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Great to hear :thumb:

I installed On-top the first time wich I really shouldn't since some services refused to start.
    So I made a complete uninstall, and then a fresh install and it's working just as great as version 4.2 at the moment. :cool:

9. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I made a clean install...forgot about a slight delay for the e-mail user/password...tried my version 4 info and it accepted it. About 5 minutes later the trial password automatically replaced it. I'm really glad it's still light!

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As Eset has a dedicated forum section here at Wilders Security, and a specific sub-forum set up for discussing this Beta release, let's post there regarding it. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.