ESET Issue With Access Permissions on Local Machine

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dub2108, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dub2108

dub2108 Registered Member

A client had an issue where when in IE8 she would be redirected to other pages no matter what URL she entered. This was obviously caused by some form of virus or Trojan. However, while checking this issue out I noticed that ESET had be turned off on the local machine. Also when trying to open ESET on the local machine I would receive the error "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. " I then checked the ESET Remote Administration Console on the server and the local computer was still checking in and was updated to the lastest virus signature database. I then ran Combofix to remove the virus and everything seemed to work properly after. It just seems like this is either a flaw within the access permissions or within ESET itself. It seems to me it is more a problem with the access permissions being changed since it was still checking in and updating to the ERAC. Was wondering if anyone else had come across this issue and is there anyway of preventing this from happening again?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It must have been the malware that prevented egui from running. HIPS in v5 should improve protection against such malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.