ESET Internet Security 10 Beta / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SweX, Apr 20, 2016.

1. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Even as that is not oficially supported or stated anywhere in the documentation, Marcos showed us such LiveGrids lookups can be used by other protection features as Filesystem protection.
    Please remember, LiveGrid detections could be on temporarily as long as threats are covered by Module updates.

[​IMG]

Also, it is known Products using lookups directly in Filesystem components suffer from False positives or/and Performance problems.

2. itman

itman Registered Member

Before you step into a LiveGrid discussion with @chrcol , you might want to refer to a discussion with him on the same subject in the ver. 9 thread that went on, and on, and on ...

Been there, done that, and definitely don't want to go there again ....................................

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I don't have the version 10.
    But as for the GUI in version 9 : I have complained several times in the past here at the forum about the GUI in version 8 due to my bad eyes and my need to change DPI settings and other settings, other wise I cannot read things. Sometimes it was called "scalable" GUI. Well, to me it looked that things improved in version 9, and I am glad about that! There are always things that can improve, but as said to me version 9 looked better!

PS: as for LiveGrid : I don't use it. I know that it may be not the right decision (Marcos often strongly advices to use it), maybe I am way too much old school.

4. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

v9 is ok with a 1440p or 4k resolution, but try it on 768p on a laptop :)

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Question: If I were to buy a version 9 license, will my license carry over to version 10 (when it comes available)? or Will I have to buy an entirely new license just to utilize version 10 features?

6. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

On final release is there going to be Eset Internet Security & Eset Smart Security & Eset Antimalware?
    Any info on features that will be there in all the edition?

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

ESET's licences are not tied to program version. You can use whichever version you want with your licence.

8. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thank you for the info.

I usually don't run an AV, but since I've been putting ESET through a test run, I have been quite impressed with it.

Now that I know product license can carry over to other versions, I might just purchase it.

Thanks again @Minimalist

9. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You're welcome. I like ESET also and if I choose to run real-time AV, it is usually this AV.

10. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Version 10.0.169.0 has been released quietly via the ESET internal updater. At this time there is no changelog or an installer download available.

If you have an issue with the in product upgrade working (ie. clicking on install does nothing), see this topic over on the ESET Security Forum: Upgrade to Version 10.0.169.0 ?

11. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I highly recommend reading that thread before installing. It will save some headaches.

12. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Any indication as to when the final release will come out ? When did that happen in previous years ?

13. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Based on previous years I would say a couple more months or so. However when I made that claim about version 5 it came out the next day. :argh: I'd guess anywhere between now and September. There hasn't been an RC, so I am expecting one but could be wrong. The beta license expires in October, but I don't expect it will be that long.

14. Fly

Fly Registered Member

15. puff-m-d

Hello,

Version 10.0.171.0 has been released quietly via the ESET internal updater. At this time there is no changelog or an installer download available. The update/install issues that plagued many users have been fixed with this update (at least from initial reports from users and the update/install went without issue on my system).

16. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@puff-m-d
    Thanks for info, heard this was coming.
    I'll await official word and changelog.

17. itman

itman Registered Member

I received the update notification this morning.

Does anyone know if the HIPS user rule issues that existed in ver. 9 such as reordering existing rules and the like exist in ver. 10?

18. puff-m-d

Hello NSG001,
    Good luck on that. For some reason, ESET has not posted anything "official" about any of the updates or new beta versions since the original beta. The only installer available for download on any of the ESET sites is 10.0.106.0 (the original/first beta) and the only changelogs that have been posted are also for that same version. There have been no new installers or changelogs posted since the first beta and all updates have been only available through the products built-in internal updater.

19. puff-m-d

Hello,
    I have posted a question concerning this over one the ESET Security Forum here: Installers and Changelogs.

20. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I agree :thumb:

21. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@puff-m-d
    Thanks saw the post there and also reply from member.

@itman
    Cannot speak for 'Smart Security' HIPS behaviours as have not been a beta tester for this, i assume that's what you're still using and referring to :doubt:
    Maybe speak with @Cutting_Edgetech I believe he may know more about this ;)
    Once a 'public' Smart Security beta is released i will be keen to cast my eye over it :thumb:

22. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I have not been testing the HIPS either. I have never been a fan of Eset HIPS because of usability problems I have encountered when using the HIPS in any Mode other than Automatic, and Smart Mode. Online Armor was the last good/best HIPS in my opinion. I only use Eset HIPS in Smart Mode so all I can say is I have not encountered any problems with beta 10 in Smart Mode thus far.

Edited 6/30 @ 5:13

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  23. itman

itman Registered Member

OK - I am confused.

I assumed the upgrade notification I received this morning was for ver. 10. Is it possible this notification was for the official upgrade release of ver. 9?

24. puff-m-d

Hello itman,

Version 10 is still in beta and there was an upgrade this morning to version 10.0.171.0 beta. You should have received this if you were on version 10 already and testing the beta. I do not know what version of ESET you are using, but you would not have received a version 10 upgrade notification if you were using version 9 or before as it has not been released as stable yet.

25. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@Cutting_Edgetech
    Thanks for chiming in :thumb:
    Like you, usual practice when using Smart Security HIPS is in Smart mode.

I get the feeling final versions are not too far away now, but would hope SS 10 Public Beta will be available before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.