eset intel motherboard edition issues??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nok, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nok

nok Registered Member

so intel boards come with the m/b edition of eset, it presents with form fields and a buy now button.

I used my existing eset (current and valid) username and password and it didn't work. It kept asking to be validated, or said validating in a minute or two or similar, but doesn't appear to be validating

Is this username and password ok to use for this version or not?

where can I find a read through about what this version does thats different to smart security?

2. ec760

ec760 Registered Member

Hi NOK,

My first thought is that your (current and valid) username/password may be for NOD32. Are you trying a Smart Security license?

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Confirming what ec760 stated, the ESET product that is installed on Intel motherboards is Smart Security Home Edition. If your paid license is for NOD32, you'll need to activate Smart Security separate from your license information. You can always uninstall it later and install NOD32 Antivirus if you want, so long as you aren't exceeding the limit of your paid license. To do that, check out the KB Article below:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2116

If your paid license is for Smart Security Home Edition, please PM me with your license information and I'll look into the issue. In the meantime, you can also check out the link below:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2388

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.