ESET installation ended prematurely : Rollback

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jaysonic, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaysonic

Jaysonic Registered Member

Hello,

I have submitted a help ticket thorough the Customer Care, received a case number and email requesting more information, but have not heard back after sending the requested information back a week ago. I am hoping I can get some results here.

Basically I am getting the same problem listed here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861

The Base Filtering Engine entry is present, so I provided the installation error log to Customer Care as described here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN406

I have disabled windows firewall, windows defender, uninstalled Norton which is what I previously had, and cannot figure out what to do to get the software to install.

I am on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit box.

Any ideas on how I can get this fixed? I have been running without an antivirus tool since last week and cannot wait much longer to resolve this issue.

Thanks very much for any help,
    Jason

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Jason,
    could you please provide me with the download link to the install log?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. Jaysonic

I am unable to PM you the link to the install log. Is there another way I can send it to you? My case number was #839534 if that helps as I sent it in against that case number.

Thanks,
    Jason

5. Jaysonic

6. Jaysonic

I just heard back from support and they requested my SysInspector log. Hopefully that will shed some light on the problem. Do you suggest I continue conversing here as well in hopes of getting the software to successfully install?

Thanks,
    Jason

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

deal with support solely now. of course it would be nice if you post back here once the issue is resolved.

8. Jaysonic

I certainly will. Hopefully I will hear back something soon...o_O

9. Jaysonic

It has now been two full weeks and I have still not heard anything from Customer Care on what I can do to get the software to install. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I can do besides returning the software buying something else?

Jason

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

PM sent.

11. Jaysonic

Responded; thank you.

12. Jaysonic

So, after waiting for over 2 and half weeks from customer care on the issue, they requested that I go to the following site and following the instructions there (http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861). I am speechless! The support ticket I filed into them detailed that I already went to that specific site (since it mentioned my error) and followed the directions trying to fix the problem. Since that did not work, the site says to then submit a support ticket. So where does it end? I gave the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe they changed the software that was mentioned in the article, so It tried it again anyway. Not surprisingly, the same rollback issue occurred.

My only conclusion is that people answering the customer care mail either don't care, they can't do the job, or are unwilling to admit defeat in resolving the problem. I would have much rather been given the later excuse and simply moved on.

I am not sure how customer care and the moderators of this forum relate, but at least here I my question was reposed to promptly and some ideas were thrown around to help. This versus simply telling me to do the same thing over and over.

Marcos, I am not sure if you have gotten any further with this issue and the additional information you requested, so please PM me when you can so I can make the call to ditch the software if necessary.

Thanks,
    Jason

13. Rusty_Shackleford

Rusty_Shackleford Registered Member

Are you able to get Nod32 installed or does it also rollback? Also.. was ESET Smart Security ever installed on this system or is this a new install ? If you did have it installed previously on this computer what changed? Infected ? Have to do a repair install? Was a windows update performed and broke ESET? Did you install a 3rd party AV ontop of ESET Smart Security? Did you attempt to do a system restore to go back to when Smart Security was working?

14. PCdoc

PCdoc Registered Member

We are dealers / sales partner for Eset India. Today I sold a Smart Security 4 box to a client. Single user. As it was version 4, I downloaded the 64-bit version 5 from the eset.com website for the client's brand new Asus core i3 laptop with win7 64-bit. I tried thrice, but I also got the same error msg about rolling back action and Eset installation ended prematurely. The later error said I should try with administrative rights. But the windows account I was using was the only account on that laptop with full administrative rights. I doubt if the latest smart security version updated on the website is faulty o_O as some one else also got the same issue??!! if not, help me out ...

15. PCdoc

PCdoc Registered Member

The base filtering Engine thingy fixed the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.