Eset hates logitech

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Heywood8614, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heywood8614

Heywood8614 Registered Member

I've noticed this for quite a while but it hasn't really bothered me so much till I updated my Logitech setpoint drivers for my keyboard and mouse. Every single time I open up my setpoint options or try to update anything dealing with any of my 4 Logitech products, ekrn.exe goes crazy and uses up to 99% of my CPU. Nod has already allowed 4 trojans pass by, luckily my other software caught it. It is horrible against spyware or adware. But I would at least expect it not to flip out every time I open a little configuration window or my bluetooth settings from logitech. Does anyone know a fix to this.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Logitech makes many different keyboards and pointing devices.

Can you provide a little more information about the problem, such as the models of the Logitech devices in question, and versions of their SetPoint driver software and ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

Having more detailed information would be helpful in further troubleshooting the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Heywood8614

I'm running the Logitech MX 5000 keyboard mouse set. Version 4.60.122. Nod 32 version 3.0.657.0

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

uninstall your nod32 v3.0.657
    and install letest v3.0.672 from eset.com
    then tell us

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Even going back to Win9X...I've commonly seen issues with Logitechs software. ..and learned to never install them. Regardless of antivirus software. Windows drives the hardware fine with native drivers.

I love Logitechs hardware...usually use their MX series mice, their joysticks, etc. But I never install their software package.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

always the same story great hardware rubbish software. others include HP,creative etc.

7. Heywood8614

Thanks for the advice guys, going to try to start with the update to nod. i use the software from logitech for various macros and such so i can't remove them.

8. Heywood8614

3.0.672.0 has resolved the issue. Is there any way to keep nod32 client updated with out having to download it and uninstall every time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.