ESET Gateway Security Screwing Linux up

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jewfromdahood, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jewfromdahood

jewfromdahood Registered Member

I just bought Eset Gateway Security as Eset is the best anti-virus company and I have used them for years. Anyway I am a new IT guy for this company and their Linux guy as well and we are setting up a new Linux server to be a gateway. I used Eset Desktop on it to try their Linux capability all seemed well so I went for the gateway security. Well I installed it and after that my Linux wouldn't boot, and complaining about some daemon not running. Well I thought it might be some easy linux error, and it turned out to be easier to reinstall the Ubuntu amd64 distro. So I thought it was a fluke so I installed it on a fresh install. Same thing. Which leads me to believe, Eset really dropped the ball on this one. As lets face it, any self respecting tech would use a linux server as their gateway. And gateways need security to protect the windows computers behind them. So Yeah, way to go Eset. Although I will have to say this is the first issue I have ever in my 7 years of being a loyal Eset user that it as every let me down. As opposed to every other anti-virus which has let many viruses through.

2. rekun

rekun Registered Member

you should contact your local Eset support with this problem.

I am sure they will help you

3. jewfromdahood

I have and haven't heard back from them yet.

4. rekun

rekun Registered Member

Which version are you using?

5. jewfromdahood

Ubuntu 11.04 x64 and esets gateway security 3.0.22 I downloaded it less than a week ago.

6. rekun

rekun Registered Member

v3 i actually kind of old

Eset hasn't been releasing new versions of its linux gateway security for a long time, however a few weeks ago they announced a new beta.

It could be fun to know if the bug is fixed in the new version.

http://www.eset.com/beta/gateway-linux/

Can you try to install that without screwing the whole company up?

eg. in a virtual machine or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.