ESET File Security

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Dogmandfds, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogmandfds

Dogmandfds Registered Member

Hello,

I have just purchased and downloaded the ESET File Security for use on multiple Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 servers.

The first servers I've deployed the product on are two Remote Desktop Services servers (Windows Server 2008 R2).

Firstly I would like to know if there is a way to prevent access to the ESET GUI, as I've just logged on to the RDS farm as a "regular non-admin user" and been able to navigate to, and open the GUI via the Windows start menu?

There seems to be no way to do this in the ESET "Advanced Setup" applet, only a way to password protect settings......

Secondly, having brielfy read the File Security Admin Guide I cannot find any documentation regarding the remote install of File Security to servers from Remote Administrator - is this supported?

Many Thanks

2. er34

er34 Guest

Hello.

I have lots of clients with ESET products and I am not aware of any way to prevent access to the GUI. The only way is to use some 3rd party products but that may also negatively affect ESET, so it won't be recommended. You can password protect the program (as you wrote). This will make it not possible to uninstall the program (the regular) way and it won't be possible to change ANY setting. Additionally, there is an option in the product that can be enabled -> the program will also require administrator access if you want to change something. But just to looking at the GUI - there is no official option in the product.

As far as I know - it is supported and is done the same way as you do it on workstations. For Windows 2008 and 2008R2 - the same way you do it on Windows Vista and 7. However, as far I know - ESET does not recommend remote installations on SERVERS.

3. er34

er34 Guest

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps using AppLocker would accomplish that.

5. Dogmandfds

Dogmandfds Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

I was considering Applocker, I'll have a look at that option again now I know there is no option within ESET.

Regards

6. Markon

Markon Registered Member

Have you tied this article? It may be helpful.

http://kb.eset-la.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2791&viewlocale=en_US&actp=SEARCH

7. er34

er34 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.