ESET ESS + Counterspy Ver3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GaryB, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryB

GaryB Registered Member

Initial research suggests Counterspy Ver 3 does not co-exist well with ESS or NOD32. I've been using NOD32 / Counterspy Ver2.5, then ESS / Counterspy Ver2.5 for a while now and all has been fine. They are my two primary frontline protection tools. If 2.5 support is going to be pulled and an upgrade to Ver 3 is required, then I will be looking for another spyware app as I will not give up ESET. Any others facing this conundrum?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I used version 2.5 and decided it was not needed so I uninstalled it. Version 3 is too new so there are probably issues to be resolved. Stay with 2.5 for now if you feel you need both.

3. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

Hi,

I have NOD32 AV running aside CS 3. and I am noticing several new issues....even with CS excluded from NOD32. These range from 100%CPU resource usage by ekrn.exe every time CS is launched for the first time and subsequently opened from the sys tray, to other CS scan fail issues and CS logging issues, and other software such as Second Copy also reporting faults. None of these were evident with CS 2.5

I am fairly confident that the CS dev team will work hard to resolve early release issues and move CS 3 forward to better compatibility, but for now I am uninstalling CS3.

Chalawah

4. rockdj99uk

rockdj99uk Registered Member

I also had similar problems with CS 3. I've binned it and will wait until they can iron out the problems before reinstalling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.