Eset duplicating ie and Firefox traffic?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Rubix, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubix

Rubix Registered Member

Hi,

My f**cked Vodafone ISP says that i have unlimited traffic put my first bill was 125€ because apparently there is a limit of 250 gb for up/down (wich ISP counts up! :eek: For this and others Vodafone sucks! :mad: ) so i installed netlimiter (very good , but use v1.30) to control web traffic but i notice that ekrn.exe witch is part of my Eset smart security suite 3.0.672.0 is registering the same traffic that Firefox and ie does, it´s like e.g. if i download something in firefox twice, can you explain?

Also way after moths do i still have Eset smart security suite 3.0.672.0? shouldn´t by now i have a more recent version updated automatically by ESS? :doubt:

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Eset uses a proxy to filter all traffic, imagine it like this:

blame.jpg

You're not actually using any extra traffic, but eset will get blamed for the traffic use. It's perfectly normal.

Sorry for my crude drawing. :rolleyes:

3. Rubix

Rubix Registered Member

Good pic!:D

So to see my real traffic i have to subtract the ekrn.exe traffic is this right?:thumb: or no? :thumbd:

Also way after moths do i still have Eset smart security suite 3.0.672.0? shouldn´t by now i have a more recent version updated automatically by ESS?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Netlimiter 2 should show correct information.

5. Rubix

Rubix Registered Member

Ya, but i heard that 1.30 is more stable and i know recent versions aren´t allways the best e.g. last comodo firewall

6. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Rubix,

Yes, just factor out the duplicate ekrn.exe traffic.

No PCU has been released, ESS will automatically download the latest version if there was a PCU. You can download the latest version from http://www.eset.com/download/index.php.

Thank you,
    Richard

7. Rubix

Rubix Registered Member

Well, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.