Eset deleted files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jarden43, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarden43

jarden43 Registered Member

A week ago eset did a virus scan and found two files that it said was adware and it had to delete them. The files are rqRIYRIX,dll tuvUNgGW.DLL.
    Both of these files were in C:/user/appdata/temp. Now since eset deleted them I am having problems accessing the internet. Both files are in the registry under rundll32.exe. One is for for msserver and the other is cmds. They are under HK Current user/software/windows/currentversion/run
    Can anyone with Vista verify if you have these files and are they necessary and if so where can I get them. Very frustrating.
    Thank You

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Some adware registers into Winsock as an LSP. In such case, removing the adware dll may result in loosing network connectivity. Please try running "netsh winsock reset" and restarting the computer.

3. jcamp

jcamp Registered Member

As far as I know that program is for XP. I have Vista.
    Thank You

4. jcamp

jcamp Registered Member

Found inst. for Vista. Will try it. Thanks

5. jcamp

jcamp Registered Member

Found no errors. Tried manually but no good. Still stumped

6. PTRACER

PTRACER Registered Member

Set a system restore point and delete the entries from your registry. On XP, rundll32.exe isn't supposed to appear in the Run section of the registry.

7. jcamp

jcamp Registered Member

Your not reading my posts. I have Vista. Tried deleting the entries from Registry. Then can't access internet at all, at least now I can get on most sites but not all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.