ESET Command Line update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by devauda, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devauda

devauda Registered Member

I'm trying since some days to update the update the virus signature database of ESET smart security usig the COMMAND LINE.
    I read this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1307592

I loaded a new update scheduler using regedit /s sch2.reg (see attached file)
    After restarting the ESET, the imported scheduler is present, but the automatic update does not automatically starts. I waited more than 10 minutes.

Is there an alternative solution to update using command line. I'm evaluating ESET for an automated deploiement on the client and i don't want to ask the end user to make any thing to during the installation.

Thanks to help, i really need a solution using this product which seems the product i'm looking for.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Updates cannot be run from the command line and are run in 60-minute intervals at least.

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Marcos, you're a much appreciated part of this Forum but the guy is not looking for confirmation of what he Cannot Do - he needs a Solution. There seemed to be possibilities in the last post of the Thread he referenced but a FW knowledgeable person needs to clarify things for him.

4. devauda

Thanks Corsom26, it's true i really need help on this point. I aleady spend lots of time on this problem. The scheduler i activated using the regedit is present, visible and selected in the ESET GUI but the update doesn't start (it has to be done every minute according to the scheduler).
    To have the update starting, i have to edit the schduler using the GUI and save it again, without any changes. But i want to do it automatically... without having to click here and there.

Thanks to help on this point.

5. devauda

Is somebody able to help on this pointo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.