ESET causing networking problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by caifaz, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caifaz

caifaz Registered Member

Hi, sorry if this is a repost but i'm having networking problems with ESET Smart Security.

I'm currently using it on 3 computers (1 desktop with XP pro and 2 laptops with vista OS).

if i start using internet in 2 computers at the same time, after a few minutes my network goes down, my ADSL router LAN led blinks and all of the HUB leds start blinking at the same time and internet conexion is lost, i have to turn off the router and wait to restart and i have internet again but after a few minutes the same thing happens. i'm 100% sure that the firewall is causing this problem because for eg. if i'm using 2 computers and i turn off the laptop eset firewall everything works just fine, hope someone has the solution for my problem because i trust in ESET software. Thanks a lot

2. caifaz

caifaz Registered Member

I forgot to specify that i'm using interactive mode and i allow network sharing

i checked and there's no IP conflicts

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, can you provide us with more detailed info about how your computers are connected to the ethernet modem, as well as the brand/model of the router and hub?

4. caifaz

caifaz Registered Member

Hi, thanks for taking some time to help me, i'm using an zoom modem (provided by the internet provider) connected to a ECOM EN-2005S. 10/100Mbps 5 Ports Standard Switch w/external power supply.

The 3 computers are using IP addresses i've chosen, and i'm using DNS address that the internet provider uses, i don't know if there's other information you need thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.