Eset Blocks Printing from network computer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by saintsuperb, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintsuperb

saintsuperb Registered Member

hi! I have tried everything that i know to try. Just purchased a new HP Windows 7 laptop and I connect to the internet via the router that is connected to my Vista desktop machine. i have Eset smart security on both machines. I set up the new laptop to connect to the printer on the Vista Desktop machine. While setting eset up I was certain to check the box to allow sharing. The only time I am able to connect to the printer connected to the Vista desktop machine is when i disable the eset firewall on the vista machine. Otherwise I get the message "the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable." I have even gone as far as uninstalling ESET and reinstalling with the same results. Also I have changed firewall modes to interactive and learning. I have tried everything I can think of but the only way I am able to access the Vista desktop Printer with my new windows 7 laptop is to disable the Eset Firewall on the Vista machine.

What am I missing??....what do i have to do in order to be able to access the Vista desktop printer with my windows 7 laptop without disabling the firewall each time??

Many thanks!

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I'd recommend giving the printer a static IP address, and adding that address to the IDS excluded zone in ESS, also create a rule that allows all communication to that IP.

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

is your printer HP Officejet Pro 8500A or Officejet from 6500 series? solution

4. WillWord

WillWord Registered Member

I had same problem, tried everything, in the end phoned help line, remote assistance, and just watched the tech do his thing. All done with in 4 minutes.
    Works great.

5. saintsuperb

saintsuperb Registered Member

This is what I had to end up doing....I didn't have a clue!.. George was great!!...a real asset to ESET! Thanks George!!

6. jiggity

jiggity Registered Member

new module update to fix HP printer issues. Module update is being pushed "silently" over the next few days. Module update is for the Firewall in ESET. #1068

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.