Eset blocking 'Scan to network folder' on HP 8500A All in One

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rugbyscottie, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugbyscottie

rugbyscottie Registered Member

Hi All,

Newbie looking for some help.

I have Eset Smart security 4 and recently purchased and installed a new HP 8500A Printer/Scanner/Fax machine. I have managed to set the device up and it works perfectly (after downloading a link from Eset to allow the PC to see the printer).

However the HP has a scan to network folder option which Eset is blocking. I know it's Eset as when I disable the firewall the scan to network works without any problem. I have the printer connected to my BT Home Hub 2.0 by ethernet cable.

I know what I need to do - set Eset to allow my scanner access to the network folders on my PC, but being a bit of a novice I don't know how to do this in Eset and I don't want to fiddle with the Eset settings in fear of allowing something unknown to sneak through the firewall. I have also tried changing between 'strict protection' and 'allow sharing' but neither makes a difference.

I have searched numerous forums and even read the Eset instructions but I'm still at a loss.

Any help as to how to programe Eset as required would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

4. rugbyscottie

rugbyscottie Registered Member

Hi thanks to you both.

I have already installed this 'patch' from Eset for the printer and all printer functions except 'scan to network folder' works perfectly.

I have also tried adding the network in the trusted zone, but no joy.

I have tried working in Automatic mode with exceptions and in interactive mode but still no success!

I have also updated Eset to the latest version.

It's so frustrating!!

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try reinstalling printer software as suggested in the KB?

6. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Try adding the printer IP to the list excluded from IDS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.